Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so uncomfortable

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
Df had duty least night, so my girls and I went to friends house. We were gonna watch Disney movies and eat terrible food. Just a fun girls night.

It was fun at first. Then her df said he wanted to go Dio some shopping, while we were there. Made sense to me, our kids were loud, no reason to not let him go, but she started throwing a tantrum about it, so he stayed.

Then the kids made their pizzas, and her 4 year decided she didn't want pineapple on hers, after it was cooked. He df started in on her, yelling at her. She gave in and ate it.

After that, dessert was ready, blackberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream. Noone asked the 4 year old of she wanted it, they just made her a giant bowl of it. Immediately she says "but I don't like vanilla ice cream" friends df started screaming "you're gonna eat your g**d*** ICE cream" and continued on cussing at the little girl. Then told her if she didn't eat it all, she had to go to bed. My girls never hear cussing, certainly not directed at a child, and we all got really uncomfortable.

Later he was basically bragging that he lost his patience a few nights before and spanked her and said "I dare her dad to say something about it"

It was so sad to me. I just wonder how he behaves when people aren't watching.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:56 AM

well that was horrible. I would distance myself from him when I had my children with me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I definitely will. I can't imagine being with a man that would treat my children that way.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

well that was horrible. I would distance myself from him when I had my children with me.

readyforhim
by Emerald Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

parents have to get their shit together, ask the child if they want it, once they say no you don't need to fight with them to eat something they don't want.

Its not rocket science.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:02 AM
I couldn't believe he was making such a big deal about her not wanting ice cream! She even said the berries were yummy, but that she never likes vanilla ice cream.

Quoting readyforhim:

parents have to get their shit together, ask the child if they want it, once they say no you don't need to fight with them to eat something they don't want.

Its not rocket science.

embrigmom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Poor little girl. I don't see why they couldn't just let her pick the pineapple off the pizza and why they didn't ask her about the ice cream first. If she's never really liked it shoulsn't her mom know that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:10 AM
Her mom said she could pick off the pineapple, but her df said she couldn't. And far as the ice cream goes, I think mom was so frazzled and trying to keep peace that she didn't even think about it.

Quoting embrigmom:

Poor little girl. I don't see why they couldn't just let her pick the pineapple off the pizza and why they didn't ask her about the ice cream first. If she's never really liked it shoulsn't her mom know that?

embrigmom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Normally I'm all for step parents stepping into the parenting role. I can give many examles from my life and family of wonderful parents. But in this case I don't see why df was steping in making a huge deal over somthing as small as pineappple or ice cream. I feel bad for your friend and the little girl. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Her mom said she could pick off the pineapple, but her df said she couldn't. And far as the ice cream goes, I think mom was so frazzled and trying to keep peace that she didn't even think about it.
Quoting embrigmom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:18 AM
I feel the same. I love seeing my df stepping up with my girls, but I can promise that I'd never let him treat them like that.

It would be very hard for me to continue a relationship with someone that didn't parent a similar way as myself.

!

Quoting embrigmom:

Normally I'm all for step parents stepping into the parenting role. I can give many examles from my life and family of wonderful parents. But in this case I don't see why df was steping in making a huge deal over somthing as small as pineappple or ice cream. I feel bad for your friend and the little girl. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Her mom said she could pick off the pineapple, but her df said she couldn't. And far as the ice cream goes, I think mom was so frazzled and trying to keep peace that she didn't even think about it.
Quoting embrigmom:

embrigmom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Yeah, my dh is a wonderful step father to my oldest dd. My own step father is a wonderful step father to me. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I feel the same. I love seeing my df stepping up with my girls, but I can promise that I'd never let him treat them like that. It would be very hard for me to continue a relationship with someone that didn't parent a similar way as myself. !
Quoting embrigmom:

Quoting embrigmom:

stickyfingers
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:24 AM
Sounds like my ex. You should tell her it's abuse and will only get worse. You don't see it when you are the one in it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)