Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This upsets me, all the time, but especially so close to Veteran's day

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:18 AM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this

Went to Walmart to get my nephew his b-day gift, and there was a guy standing at the corner with a sign that said "Homeless vet please help, God bless" This upsets me that there are so many homeless vets out there either by their own doing or falling on hard times, these people defended our country! I so wish there was more I could have done, I gave him one of the $5.00 gift cards I keep on hand so I can give them that when I don't have cash on me. Thankfully there is a MCdonalds across the street he can go to and get a warm meal.

by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MythrylHavoc
by Data on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Sadly around here most of them are scammers. I saw a guy walking just fine down the road and when he got to the intersection he was going to panhandle on all of a sudden he developed this very dramatic limp. Pissed me off so much.

rebock
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:27 AM

It bothers me as well, th VA has some great servics, but f up so much most vets don't want to deal with them.

lovemercygrace
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Quoting rebock:

It bothers me as well, th VA has some great servics, but f up so much most vets don't want to deal with them.

The Va is a joke, to be honest, I just wish people could get help and not have to jump through so many hoops to get it,kwim? In what world is it ok for a vet to make a drs apt and have to wait 3 months to be seen?

lovemercygrace
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:17 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting MythrylHavoc:

Sadly around here most of them are scammers. I saw a guy walking just fine down the road and when he got to the intersection he was going to panhandle on all of a sudden he developed this very dramatic limp. Pissed me off so much.

I would rather give to 1000 people that did not need the help then miss the one that did need help.

rebock
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Personally that has never been my experience with the VA, but I know many that have had problems. Epecially when applying for benefits or other needed and deserved services. It makes me feel guilty how quickly I was approved for everything.

Quoting lovemercygrace:

Quoting rebock:

The Va is a joke, to be honest, I just wish people could get help and not have to jump through so many hoops to get it,kwim? In what world is it ok for a vet to make a drs apt and have to wait 3 months to be seen?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:26 PM

That's life...

lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:27 PM

It's disgusting the way vets are treated after they fight for their country. The government should be fkn ashamed of themselves.

MythrylHavoc
by Data on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Nothing wrong with that at all. It's just what I see alot around me.

Quoting lovemercygrace:

Quoting MythrylHavoc:

I would rather give to 1000 people that did not need the help then miss the one that did need help.

lovemercygrace
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Quoting lollip0p:

It's disgusting the way vets are treated after they fight for their country. The government should be fkn ashamed of themselves.

I agree. But Service men and women aren't treated much better, Tricare is a joke and a half, and don't even get me started on pay...Smh...

FoxFire363
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:39 PM
I feel the same way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)