Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

38 weeks pregnant. I left him

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:23 AM
  • 17 Replies
2 moms liked this
I'm 38 weeks pregnant. My now ex boyfriend has shaken me around a few times. Never "hit" me. He started withholding affection. Treating me very badly. And two nights ago he twisted my wrist, used his feet to push me off the bed backwards, started throwing my stuff out the door, and yelling as loud as he seriously could in my face, spitting all over me. I called the police. He lied saying I was hitting him. And chasing him through the house. So the cops told me if I want to press charges they have to arrest us both. And I wasn't willing to let my kids get picked up by CPs, and me go to jail. So I just agreed to take my kids that night and leave. Officers told me he couldn't change the locks and prevent me from getting my belongings and my childrens. Because I'm a resident since febuary. Well the next day ... He had changed the locks. But the back door notoriously doesn't latch .. Thank god. I was able to get all my stuff while he worked. He texted me a few times from work. Trying to upset me. Telling me he was going to bring girls to the house and blah blah blah. I wouldn't respond. It was when he got home that he realized I had already taken action. He really didn't think I could have gotten my stuff. So he called the police and reported theft. He wants ALL THE BABY STUFF. even tho a lot of it, he didn't buy. I have to give back anything he has receipts for. Which so far is the car seat,stroller, matttess, and bedding. The car seat is the big deal to me, my grandma paid for it. But the money was in his bank so he "purchased it". This situation is so wrong. I never thought he would do this. I just wanted to vent. I'm at my grandmas old house. On my own with my two boys and baby any day. I have $85 to my name. And don't have a lot of things. Because we combined house holds. I can't believe how low some people will go. But I will rise above. I will get back on my feet, one way or another.
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TowerWife
by CrazyDogLady on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:25 AM
Be strong woman, you can do it. Good luck
hateaway
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Good for you for not putting up with it. Stay strong
smashlybear
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:33 AM

BUMP!

smashlybear
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:36 AM
2 moms liked this

do yourself and that child a favor, don't put him on the birth certificate, change your number and dont ever contact him again.

Hafsa1
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Good that you got away. Craigslist has a free section you may want to check out. Your hospital may also be able to help with a free carseat
Dolcepsle
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:37 AM
You can and will make it. You are teaching your kids well. Good luck and go file for assistance ASAP.
_MissMissfit_
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:38 AM
Let him ask for the stuff back. Doesn't mean you have to give it to him.
ccnstanczak
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:39 AM

i know it sucks but them him keep all that stuff. do not have any reason to have him hold anything over you.

its going to be hard. dont fall for his bs manipulations either. get out and start to heal. im sorry this is happening. be strong and you will be ok. its a long road. hugs mama.

stickyfingers
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:42 AM
Omg what a prick! So sorry you are going through this. I'm very proud of you for leaving and not going back! It's good you had somewhere to go. It is shocking the way people can just turn on you and be so heartless. It's like the turn into a different person.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:43 AM

DO THIS. IT WILL MAKE YOUR'S AND THE BABY'S LIFE AWHOLE BETTER. AND THE REST OF YOUR FAMILY.

Quoting smashlybear:

do yourself and that child a favor, don't put him on the birth certificate, change your number and dont ever contact him again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)