Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you judge sahm whose family struggles financially?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 347 Replies
11 moms liked this
I see it a lot on here people who judge women who are a sahm and their families struggle financially. Even more so if they have older children or preteens and teens.

But a lot don't seem to understand everyone has certain situations and circumstances.

For us. I do have older children. I also have a teen who is mentally disturb. It is critical that I be available. And not every family has the option to work separate shift as my family doesn't.

This is why I don't judge. I know some families may have situations that some may not understand and who am I to judge someone.

Think before you pass judgment. It isn't always black and white. There are situations that your solution may not work in.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ajelove
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:54 AM
4 moms liked this

No because my daughter has cancer and I have to stay at home. There are many reasons a wife or husband cannot work.

CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:56 AM
No.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:56 AM
15 moms liked this
I think if someone is going to constantly complain about not having money they should work more. That's it. If you are broke and ok that way then fine stay home. But no whining that you don't have money.
momasaurus420
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:57 AM
No. Some families have a story they may not be sharing. I scrap things lol so don't think I'm not helping contribute to my family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:58 AM
2 moms liked this
But I thought it is fine to vent and complain from time to time. They may feel lose. And they need to get it out of their system. Better here then take it out at home.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I think if someone is going to constantly complain about not having money they should work more. That's it. If you are broke and ok that way then fine stay home. But no whining that you don't have money.
mehaffiesub
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:59 AM
I don't judge because we are a family like that, I can't keep a job due to my mental illness but before anyone says anything we are not on any PA we just live pay check to pay check and do major shopping come tax time.
2babymomma
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:59 AM
No
kelly617
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it depends on the situation
If someone is posting and complaining about their situation I will judge based on the info they give. If someone posts like you and explains why they can't work then no...I wouldn't judge.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:00 PM
That's the situation in a lot of families. Paycheck to paycheck. No pa.

Quoting mehaffiesub: I don't judge because we are a family like that, I can't keep a job due to my mental illness but before anyone says anything we are not on any PA we just live pay check to pay check and do major shopping come tax time.
Gardeningmom4
by Emerald Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:01 PM
3 moms liked this

No.Not my business and not my place to judge.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)