Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mama cloth? (cloth pads)

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:56 AM
  • 25 Replies
Does anyone use them? Tbh, the cute ones on etsy are what made me curious lol. How do you use them, and how many do you have? I've had to stop using tampons, and disposable pads are an expensive pain. Are the cloth ones more comfortable? Less likely to twist/bunch/climb up your ass? Also, do you use them for a heavy period?
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NiamhWitch
by Póg mo thóin on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Yes, I use them.  I use a menstrual cup, but the first day or two of my cycle is really heavy, so I also use cloth pads on those days.  I have a bunch... probably 30? or so.  I definitely prefer cloth over disposable.  All of mine have wings that snap under the undies.  I find them much more comfortable.

myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Do they stay in place pretty well?

Quoting NiamhWitch:

Yes, I use them.  I use a menstrual cup, but the first day or two of my cycle is really heavy, so I also use cloth pads on those days.  I have a bunch... probably 30? or so.  I definitely prefer cloth over disposable.  All of mine have wings that snap under the undies.  I find them much more comfortable.

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:03 PM

I have some of the cute ones. I mostly use gerber diaper pads. I only use the cute ones when I'm out and about. I have heavy periods and have to use the long ones. I really don't go out much when I have my period. Which is only about 3-4 days long. So that not to hard for me.

I love cloth pads. They are so much more comfortable.

Sara-1989
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:04 PM
I won some on Facebook but the bitch hasn't made them yet. That was months ago.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Ew.
NiamhWitch
by Póg mo thóin on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep.  Never had a problem with them "slipping" or anything. :-)  Here's some that I've made:

The heavy/pp ones are very bulky, yes (just like disposable pads), and there are lighter ones as well.  I tend to wear a heavy pad to bed on heavy days, a very light one throughout the day at home, and a medium/waterproof one if I'm out and about.

Quoting myempyreofdirt: Do they stay in place pretty well?
Quoting NiamhWitch:

myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Those are so cool! I hope you don't mind, but I looked up your website.

Quoting NiamhWitch:

Yep.  Never had a problem with them "slipping" or anything. :-)  Here's some that I've made:

The heavy/pp ones are very bulky, yes (just like disposable pads), and there are lighter ones as well.  I tend to wear a heavy pad to bed on heavy days, a very light one throughout the day at home, and a medium/waterproof one if I'm out and about.

Quoting myempyreofdirt: Do they stay in place pretty well?

Quoting NiamhWitch:

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:34 PM
I ordered a sample pack of 5. It seems that they didn't absorb any thing and it just sat on top so that I could constantly feel it. Rinsing them takes forever, even after soaking. Generally found them to be uncomfortable. I used them for a day and kept them for emergencies, but they are not for me.
myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Did you use a certain brand, or homemade?

Quoting thenameshailie: I ordered a sample pack of 5. It seems that they didn't absorb any thing and it just sat on top so that I could constantly feel it. Rinsing them takes forever, even after soaking. Generally found them to be uncomfortable. I used them for a day and kept them for emergencies, but they are not for me.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Homemade. I ordered them on Etsy.

Quoting myempyreofdirt: Did you use a certain brand, or homemade?
Quoting thenameshailie: I ordered a sample pack of 5. It seems that they didn't absorb any thing and it just sat on top so that I could constantly feel it. Rinsing them takes forever, even after soaking. Generally found them to be uncomfortable. I used them for a day and kept them for emergencies, but they are not for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)