Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need advice from straight women

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
I really like this girl a lot. As far as I know she is straight, so I just left it as a secret little crush and never spoke anything of it. But lately I have been questioning that.
Yesterday she invited me to the movies. We usually go in a group of friends, but I was surprised when I got there and it was just us two. When she walks by me she will sometimes graze my waist with her hand. And then after the movie we got ice cream and then sat in her car talking for an hour and a half.
These are the things I would do to show interest in a girl. But I am honestly not sure if straight girls just act like this with each other.
Do you guys do these things with your friends? Lol I feel so silly right now!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Yes, on the talking for hours and hours. That's just normal woman stuff that everyone does.

No way on the grazing with the hand. Women don't do that. They also don't spend an evening alone with someone who clearly has feelings for them if those feelings are unrequited - and yes, one always knows. I think you have your answer.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:08 PM

Why don't you just ask her about the signs she was showing?   I have done alot of "dates" where we went to movies or dinner just the two of us with female friends.

LEmommy0913
by Rachel on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:08 PM
I'm not touchy feely so no. But there are straight girls who cuddle each other. Also, I've had long conversations with other girls like that and gone to the movies with them
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:09 PM
I'm afraid that I am taking this all the wrong way and if I say anything she will freak out and then all this will stop. Lol I'm torn!

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Why don't you just ask her about the signs she was showing?   I have done alot of "dates" where we went to movies or dinner just the two of us with female friends.

teri4lance
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:11 PM

I can be touchy feely sometimes - so I wouldn't make any assumptions. i'll talk for hours if you let me. so i wouldn't make any assumptions on that either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:11 PM
So you think she knows I have feelings for her?

Quoting TranquilMind: Yes, on the talking for hours and hours. That's just normal woman stuff that everyone does.

No way on the grazing with the hand. Women don't do that. They also don't spend an evening alone with someone who clearly has feelings for them if those feelings are unrequited - and yes, one always knows. I think you have your answer.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Some women are tactile, some are not. Some like to tease lesbians to see if they still have 'it'. Some want to touch the boundary and back off, others will cross that boundary for the excitement.

It's up to you to figure out what direction this is going. You know her, her likes, dislikes etc..do you think you would be her flavour?

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:13 PM
Yes. Unless she is a completely oblivious person and never notices anything. But otherwise, yes.

Quoting Anonymous 1: So you think she knows I have feelings for her?

Quoting TranquilMind: Yes, on the talking for hours and hours. That's just normal woman stuff that everyone does.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:13 PM

That is why you ask and perhaps even come out to this friend as gay/bi to see if she meant to send these signals to you.  As others have said,  some people are just more comfortable with touch than others and it could mean nothing.  Look at all the families in the world that kiss each other on the lips and that is not sexual at all.  Let her know there is no wrong answer to your questions and if she asks you things, there is no wrong answer you could give either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:15 PM
She's always telling how great of a person I am. We have so much in common it's ridiculous. She even says that it's like I am her and she is me.
Somehow we got on the topic of straight girls kissing girls. Lol that was....odd. I should have made my move then. But she makes me so nervous!

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Some women are tactile, some are not. Some like to tease lesbians to see if they still have 'it'. Some want to touch the boundary and back off, others will cross that boundary for the excitement.

It's up to you to figure out what direction this is going. You know her, her likes, dislikes etc..do you think you would be her flavour?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)