Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Call of duty?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
I have 2 boys ages 8 and 6. Their dad lets them play call of duty while they are at his house. I do not let them. I have found out that most kids their ages do play the game. I have been told that I am sheltering my kids to much by not letting them play the game. They do have a ps3 but they only have age appropriate games. (Spongebob, little big planet, Legos, Star Wars) They are very bored with them games and have not played them in months. Lately they have been playing minecraft. Their friends at school are asking to play cod with them. At what age do you think is a good age to start playing? I heard that you can turn off the blood and cussing and all that but I'm still a little iffy about it. Am I sheltering them too much by not allowing them to play cod?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NikLvsNick
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, that's all up to you. My son is 9 and has been playing it for years but he only plays with my SO. Most of the time, SO mutes the players in the lobby before the start of a match. DS is not allowed to use the mic no matter what game he plays. The Xbox is in the living room so I can see what's going on at all times.

The game itself does have a MA rating (Mature audiences) so it really isn't appropriate for children. I hear 8-9 year olds on there pretty frequently swearing. If you aren't comfortable with your children playing that game, don't let them play it and damn what everyone else says/thinks about your parenting. you're doing what you think is right for your kids and that's what matters.

diaperstodating
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:49 PM
I don't think so. It's up to you, everybody is different.
I don't think not letting children play violent video games is "sheltering".
diaperstodating
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:50 PM
I don't allow my younger boys (9 and 6) to play it. My older boys do play it. I hate the game so I won't recommend a "good age to start playing".
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:52 PM
I don't let my 9 yo play it. He's a sweet, healthy, happy kid with very little exposure to violence. Frankly, I'd like him to think the world is good for a little longer. He'll figure it all out soon enough.
Twiceblessedmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:52 PM
No COD here, I personally think that's a game for teens.
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:54 PM
My husband (who plays COD every day) is always shocked when he hears how little kids talk on there. I hear them through his headphones a lot too. He plays right beside me on our bed.

To hear little kids bragging about how they're going to come to beat such and such's ass, and how they're going to rape a player's Mom because they can, because they are "badass"...it's too much.

Those kids shouldn't be playing games that are rated M.
yzaguirre1986
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:55 PM
I personally agree with you 100% my husband and I don't have kids. At the moment but he does plays the game and everything you hear on the mic is cursing From actual Little kids I'm like babe are you serious. Where are the parents.
imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:57 PM
My boys are 10 and 9 and i would nwver allow any game of that type.

My kuds playMadden and mlb.
lemay25
by Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:57 PM
I play that game its really not that bad but I wouldn't let them talk to people unless its there friends cause some people don't care if there kids ir not they will say alot of shit !!! Other than that I love the game an my kids play it no big deal !! Moa
JCKitten87
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:59 PM
12 at the youngest in my opinion. I've seen it played before
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)