Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you want to move in with friends if you didnt have too?

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 2:45 PM
  • 4 Replies

My husband recenly lost his job and started a new one way across the country. We have a home that we own here and he is staying with friends till the home we will rent out there will be fixed up enough for us to move into. Is it wrong to want to stay here with the 3 little ones (5, 3 and newborn) so we can keep our routine etc. or should we move in with our friends who has 5 kids already. Our mortgage would still be here so we would still have the same bills and i really want to stay here with the children till our new home is ready. It could be a few months.

How would you all feel in this situation (i want to see if  i am just an odd ball or do others feel like i do?)  :-)

by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
othermom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

That is a tough one. I wouldn't want to be away from my husband that long, although I guess if I had to we would make it work. It would be rough for the kids. I would not want to move in with friends with 5 kids either.

missanc
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I would stay in my home until it's sold. I can't imagine having kids and moving in with friends
Twiceblessedmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I would exhaust all measures before moving in with ANYONE. Since this isn't an issue for you because either way you still have to pay...over my dead body would I go live there, lol.
fiddlerbird555
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds crowded and I can see why you don't want to.  I spent about 2 months separated from my kids because I didn't want to transfer them in the middle of the school year. There were visits, several weekends, which helped.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)