Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im just pissed off

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

i was gone for 3 months, it was dd's last month of school and her summer, so she stayed with her dad. when i got back my dd was 100 pounds (should be 135,but she was 145 when i left) and she just looked bad all around, her dad made fun of her for having a  "flabby" stomach which in turn made dd not want to eat, when she would get hungry she ate yogurt and at dinner she only ate literally 2-4 fork fulls of food. she got better and gained the weight back, she fluctuates between 135 and 140 right now. well on wednesday she was having severe stomach pains, i took her to the ER and we found out she had gallstones, BUT before we found that out they were trying to get an IV in her arm, couldnt stick her the first THREE times and i suggested they give ehr a break and let her drink some water and then try again in a half an hour (no one was in the er as it was 2 in the morning). no they didnt listen to me so they stuck her THREE more fucking times, and finally got one that she had to hold her arm up at a weird angle so it would work right......she was dehydrated i get it, let her drink some damn water and try again but no they know everything and the fact i have gone through phlebotomy training means nothing. in the middle of all this poking my dd started fading in and out, she was about to pass out, and throw up. these people just wanted to get her in and out, i would understand if it were packed but there was only one other person in the ER with us (i had to wait outside the room as they did an ultrasound to find her gallbladder for some un known reason), it was really pissing me off how badly they wanted her gone.

and to top everything off i was called into the school and asked to drug test her because of how many fucking needle marks dd got at the ER, and despite me telling them what went on i still had to drug test her

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2014 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 2:57 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 3:00 PM
I think I'd flip my shit if the school tried to MAKE me drug test my kid.
livric
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 3:00 PM

yikes  sorry you and your DD had to go through all that  :(  poor kid.  hope things settle down for you soon mama.

Bubelah
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 3:01 PM

I'd have told the school to fuck off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 3:04 PM
1. Where were you for 3 months?

2. How tall is your daughter?

3. If she was about to pass out/ throw up drinking water probably wasn't the answer. It sounds like she needed the IV. Why was she so dehydrated to begin with?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 3:04 PM

dd and i just wanted to get everything over with, if we said no it would have caused more problems

Quoting Bubelah:

I'd have told the school to fuck off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 3:06 PM

scotland to take care of my grand mother, she died while i was over there so i also had to plan the funeral.

shes 5'7

and after the first 2 pokes they could have stopped and let her drink water, only after they stabbed her hand did she start feeling dizzy and wanted to throw up

also you typically lose water while you sleep,it was 2 in the morning

Quoting Anonymous 3: 1. Where were you for 3 months? 2. How tall is your daughter? 3. If she was about to pass out/ throw up drinking water probably wasn't the answer. It sounds like she needed the IV. Why was she so dehydrated to begin with?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 3:21 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 3:29 PM
We have to go talk to a surgeon in a couple weeks...I don't think anything is going to calm down until then

Quoting livric:

yikes  sorry you and your DD had to go through all that  :(  poor kid.  hope things settle down for you soon mama.

livric
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 3:33 PM

well all the best for the appointment!!!

Quoting Anonymous 1: We have to go talk to a surgeon in a couple weeks...I don't think anything is going to calm down until then
Quoting livric:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)