Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my daughter doesn't like the idea that we are considering moving

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
My dd is in 9th grade. We arw looking for a 4 bedroom. We currently live in a 4 bedroom . But the 4th bedroom is an add-on and is my bil room and you have to go through it to get to the laundry room and the back door.

In order to get a 4 bedroom that within our price range we have to move to the next town over which mean she'll have to Change school.

One of the main reason we are moving is because my landlord refuses to make repairs on this house and I am tired of my home falling apart.

I found a nice home for $100 more a month , 22sq ft. Our current home is 14sq ft.the house we are looking at Has 3 acres. But it is the next town over. 40 minutes drive to my dd school. There isn't anyway I can afford to drive her to school daily

We can afford the extra $100 because bil helps with thw bills but I feel since he is a grown man he needs a room that I don't have to walk through daily.

I hate to tell her to deal because we got to do what is best and I hate she has to change schools but this is best.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
omfgitsannie
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 3:04 PM

I was an army brat growing up and moved every 2-3 years so I have no advice...I loved meeting new people and it taught me to get out of my shell..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 3:04 PM
another rental? Why don't you buy so you don't have to deal with such shitty landlords? How much will the rent be total?
MelDyann
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 3:07 PM
22 sq ft?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 3:07 PM
Moving isn't something we want to do. Because if dh job moving is involved. That's how we ended up here because it was close to his job.

The new one will be $850 a month. Where we live at rent in general cheap. We move further south it wouldn't be.

Quoting Anonymous 2: another rental? Why don't you buy so you don't have to deal with such shitty landlords? How much will the rent be total?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 3:08 PM
2200 sq ft. Ooops

Quoting MelDyann: 22 sq ft?
Bieg9093
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

How about bil and dd switch rooms, you go through proper channels to get repairs done, and you stick it out for the 3 more years until dd is out of hs?

chillemi78
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this
40 minutes means it's still possible to see her friends fairly often. At her age, she can do extra chores or babysit to earn money to help pay for gas if you drive her. With all the technology and social media, it should be easy enough to keep in touch with them. Sure, moving in high school can be tough, but it's not an impossible situation.
krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 3:12 PM
You've got to do what's best for the entire family. I understand her being upset and don't blame her but sometimes you've got to do what you've got to do. That's a good life lesson to learn early.
TheQueen-1
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 3:13 PM
Every child hates moving... she will be fine.
TableforSeven
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 3:14 PM

You have to do what you feel is best for your family in the long run.  Your daughter will adjust.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)