Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you were suddenly given the house you are renting

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:14 PM
  • 56 Replies
If suddenly you were given the deed to the house you are renting and you had a reasonable ammount of money to fix up or change things, what would you do?

I would remove the carpet upstairs since it smells weird. I would have the loft upstairs cover the whole floor plan so I could build an extra room. I would remove the paint from the wood floor and polish it. I would wall off the right side of my living room to make another bedroom. I'd alter the stairs if I could. They are very narrow. I would add a closet to my son's room. I would replace the kitchen cabinents with ones that I liked and have them low enough I could reach them. I would also get rid of the claw foot tub and get a standard shower/bathtub instead.
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
drowningmama
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:15 PM
New furnace and AC.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:16 PM
5 moms liked this

Sell it and move.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:22 PM
Our landlords are saving our house for us. They know we want to buy it and they want us to have it but we need to get our credit reestablished first. Meanwhile we have painted the outside, replaced the flooring throughout the house and done other improvements here and there. Most of which they simply deducted cost from our rent. Once it is officially ours we plan to refinish the basement and maybe expand the porch and cut down a few trees.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't want this shit.

Piskie
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:24 PM
Sell it.

I hate the area and its a very very expensive part of the country to live in. Hubby is military so no choice.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Get rid of the ugly wood paneling in the living room, replace the oven and dishwasher, and add a playroom for the kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:27 PM
The only thing I would do is get rid of the handicap ramp and extend the porch a foot.
RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:27 PM
I will eventually own the house I'm renting. It was my grandparents' house that my mom inherited. Eventually I will inherit it. I plan on tearing out all the carpet and replacing it. I want to get rid of the wallpaper in the living room and paint the walls. I want to paint the outside a different color. I want to replace the flooring in the basement.
marilyn623
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:28 PM

sell it!!!

eyegal2020
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:28 PM

I would rip up the carpet and put down wood flooring, actually I would change all of the flooring. I would build turn the back porch into a sunroom. I would build a master suite because my bedroom is tiny and we only have one bathroom. I would knock down the ugly little "storage shed" in the back yard. I would rebuild the fence around the yard. I would expand my kitchen and completely rip out the cabinets and get new ones. I would insulate the crawl space under the house since my ridiculous landlords didn't find that to be important. It might be cheaper for me just to buy a different house. I need to move. My house sucks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)