Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Custodial parent has no meaning.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

According to my lawyer.

He said that back in the day you had sole custody by either parent or joint custody, but the courts realized this made people be competitive, like if you had sole custody you had won. So now they have parenting plans and visitation schedules and that is what we go by and terms like custodial parent have little legal meaning.

News to me. I was asking for sole custody.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
.PinkHart.
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:26 PM
Idk, all my papers say I am custodial parent and he is non custodial.
KyliesMom5
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:28 PM
I don't know about that. My papers state that I have the final say in all decisions regarding our daughter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Right, but apparently it doesn't legally mean much.

Quoting .PinkHart.: Idk, all my papers say I am custodial parent and he is non custodial.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:30 PM

It means something here.  It means his penis is in her purse until the kid turns 18 and off child support.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:47 PM
Here they call it conservatorship. Ex dh and I have joint managerial conservatorship (we both are to be consulted on any major decisions that affect the kids) but I am listed as the custodial parent and they live with me and he gets visitation. He is listed as NON-custodial parent. On legal documents. So yes, it has "legal" meaning.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:50 PM
Well if he didn't want his penis in her purse he should have kept his penis out of her vag.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

It means something here.  It means his penis is in her purse until the kid turns 18 and off child support.

Ecoseem
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Here it means something too.  The non-custodial parent basically has no rights or say in how the kid is raised.

.PinkHart.
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 6:00 PM
It does here. He doesn't have the same rights I do.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Right, but apparently it doesn't legally mean much.

Quoting .PinkHart.: Idk, all my papers say I am custodial parent and he is non custodial.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)