Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any way to

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
Give us a little more room? :/
Our budgets changed so were unable to pay off debt faster, save much, or have much wigglin room. I've been trying to find other ways to cut back but it doesn't seem to be happening, so *looking for other cutback ideas* >.<
Weve been trying to keep electric usage lower
We are already: shopping sales and clearance and thrift stores (always done that though lol), don't have cable, prepaid phones, mechanical work I get free except parts (and some parts I can get cheap), we eat out maybe 3-4 times a year for special ocassions, sell whatever we don't use, look for cheap/free things to do with the kids, crafts and projects we try to use as much as we can from around the house, combine trips into town, cloth diaper, rarely buy disposable paper products (plates, napkins, paper towel, etc),
I cant think of anything else off the top of my head...
I know a big problem is the debt, I've been trying to get it taken care of as we can, long story but it's been a big issue.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:27 PM
B
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:27 PM

no

lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Join up to Freecycle. People give away all manner of things.

ttriddick
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:29 PM
Can either of you pick up some part time work?
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Cooking from scratch and in bulk saves a bit of money...

cwahtomy
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Are you both working full time? Any odd jobs around town that you can do on your off time? 2nd jobs maybe?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:53 PM
Our local ones not very active :( mostly only people posting ISO.

Quoting lollip0p:

Join up to Freecycle. People give away all manner of things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:58 PM
Not really, dh its impossible and it wouldn't be worth it for me unless it was like $20/hr.. Super unlikely, especially for something paying that high and working around 2 schools schedules and therapy :/

Quoting ttriddick: Can either of you pick up some part time work?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this
We do bulk shopping twice a year, and make trips once a week in between for perishables or small restocks on stuff were low on (all the bulk stores are an hour or more away) and hardly any boxed/premade stuff, mostly pasta, crackers, and that sort of thing. But I'm hoping to get a pasta maker attachment soon and try making that :)
I'm trying my hand (again) at bread this week, last time was a horrible fail lol. But I have a few different recipes to try this time and borrowed my moms bread maker again since it was just sitting in the attic.

Quoting Zazayam:

Cooking from scratch and in bulk saves a bit of money...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:04 PM
No, dh is, but its not worth it for me to work after the cost of a sitter. Ive looked for something part time but haven't found anything that pays enough without years of experience, and it'd have to work around mine and ds6s school schedules and ds3s therapy.

Quoting cwahtomy:

Are you both working full time? Any odd jobs around town that you can do on your off time? 2nd jobs maybe?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)