Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
So dh has proposed we be more "healthy" aka I need to lose weight. I don't dispute that, there's 40lbs that need to be somewhere else. Fine. I used to workout in our old place but since we've moved we live with family, therefore, no living room privacy...the basement is filled with mold and hasn't been aired out... Ever... I suggested I join the gym up the block but he needs to watch the kids for at least a hour when he gets home... His response? "Guess ur still fighting with ur mom".
I'm not driving the baby to my mom every day to work out when he can watch her when he gets home. He signed up for a gym by his job and goes during lunch. I'm annoyed that he wants me to get healthy but won't watch the baby so I can get a break and do so..... Vent over
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BCauseImAwesome
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:27 PM
Yeah thats crap
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:28 PM
Sorry I stopped at mold in the basement. You guys need to get that taken care of. Do you know how many health problems that causes?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:28 PM
Get up early and go while she's asleep. You'll be amazed at the energy boost it'll give you.
Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Join a gym with a daycare.

AnnaNonamus
by Spanky Pants :) on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:30 PM
3 moms liked this

I'd tell him if he doesn't want to step up to be a father, you'll be losing a lot more than 40 pounds.

danie24
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:33 PM

He sounds lazy..

But you need to stop making excuses. and work out.

You don't need gym equipment or a babysitter to get fit.. so stop pretending like you have no choice but to be 40 pounds overweight.

Go do 20 squats, 20 burpees, 20 push ups, 20 lunges, 20 sit ups, 20 planks and repeat 3 or 4 times.

Then take your baby for a nice long walk.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:35 PM
Quoting Anonymous 2: Sorry I stopped at mold in the basement. You guys need to get that taken care of. Do you know how many health problems that causes?

Yes at the moment we don't have the money to get it professionally done (the reason we live with family) . Try to stay out of there as much as possible. Trust me I know we need it done and I'm not comfortable with the kids here and it's not done
lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

He can't watch his own children for an hour on his own? It takes more than sperm and money to be a father. That's ridiculous. I genuinely would leave a guy for that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Is it your family's place that has the mold? Why aren't they taking care of it? Sorry I know this isn't what your post is about but I feel bad for everyone in your house because it can make all of you very sick.

Quoting Anonymous 1:
Quoting Anonymous 2: Sorry I stopped at mold in the basement. You guys need to get that taken care of. Do you know how many health problems that causes?

Yes at the moment we don't have the money to get it professionally done (the reason we live with family) . Try to stay out of there as much as possible. Trust me I know we need it done and I'm not comfortable with the kids here and it's not done
janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

what she said

Quoting lollip0p:

He can't watch his own children for an hour on his own? It takes more than sperm and money to be a father. That's ridiculous. I genuinely would leave a guy for that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)