Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite Christmas Traditions

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:44 PM
  • 11 Replies

What are some of your family's favorite Christmas traditions? Mine are trimming the tree together as a family, getting together with some friends to make Christmas goodies, like fudge and cookies. We also have a tradition of everyone opens one present on Christmas Eve and it was always pajamas, blankets or pillows. There was always one present for each of us left unwrapped under the tree from "Santa". 

by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
danie24
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:55 PM

Family get togethers with music, cider, beer and turkey dinner with lots of sides..

Going for walks in the snow as a family and pulling the kids on a sleigh.

Driving around town looking at Xmas lights..

Tons of Xmas baking..

Decorating the house and tree..

Wrapping gifts and listening to Xmas music..

Xmas cartoon classics on the couch with popcorn..

Reading Xmas stories and ppening one gift each on Xmas eve..

I have so many favorite traditions, I can't list them all :)

texasgirl77
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:56 PM
We have an advent calendar but instead of candies we have an activity for each day. There are a few days we keep simple like just having a special Christmas candy or watching a Christmas movie together, but some are our traditional outings, family game nights, etc.

We also spend one evening decorating the tree, and we always have a day of baking!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:57 PM

I'm not talking about christmas until 12/1.

texasgirl77
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:58 PM
Oh and every year we watch National Lampoons Christmas Vacation...It's our traditional Christmas movie night, with the big tin of popcorn, Christmas candies, and hot cocoa lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Baking cookies, decorating the trees, watching Christmas movies, opening one gift the on the eve and just hanging out.

9-6-7months
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:01 PM
Giving the kids there present on Chrisymas Eve it consits of new pjs, box of candy, juice box and a new movie.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:06 PM

I hate christmas, there isn't a single tradition I like.  I forced myself to make some only because I'm a single mom with an only child and I have no family.  If I didn't haev ds I wouldn't celebrate christmas at all, I used to take on all the holiday shifts my coworkers didn't want before he was born.

HarleyQN
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Christmas light looking. I love driving in the hills of La Jolla and in Oceanside; some of the homes are beautiful without Christmas lights but then they look magical, all lit up!

I love wrapping presents, sipping hot cocoa and watching SO run the scissors across the ribbon to make them curly. He loves the sound if makes and he always is so proud when he gets a really tight curl from a very long ribbon. 

Baking, cooking, baking. 

lilyrose842006
by Lily & Audrey's Mom on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Then please come back on 12/1 and answer the question. Inquiring minds want to know!

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:40 PM

will do

Quoting lilyrose842006:

Then please come back on 12/1 and answer the question. Inquiring minds want to know!

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)