Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I was supposed to be a mom of girls only.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I have 2 biological girls with a third on the way and 2 SS. I have barely any patience with the boys compared to my girls. My husband has hardly any patience for them as well. Is this just normal parenting with boys?

I mean they do some of the stupidest things. Slamming the closet door over and over again. " why are you doing that?" Answer "idk."

Doing the SAME shit over and over again even though we have told them a 100x over not to do it. Ex: older SS likes to slam the door on younger SS every day. I don't understand why after he has been disciplined over and over again.

Eta: your SS does a chore wrong AGAIN and still uses the excuse, "oops I forgot." He has been doing these chores for months! Probably even years!!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's just that they're not your bio kids. Whatever discipline you're using obviously isn't working, try something else.

4girlsmum
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:55 PM

If you had a boy you would fall in love all over again........after 4 girls I really appreciate the differences, I get down and wrestle with him, play rough, and smother him with affection.  Yeah, it's because they are not yours.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:56 PM
Tried time outs, restrictions, taking away privileges, writing definitions etc. I will not spank them because for one thing they are almost the same size as me and two I don't want to open that can of worms between DH and I.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

I think it's just that they're not your bio kids. Whatever discipline you're using obviously isn't working, try something else.

Cmgmqmmom
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:57 PM
My boys act don't act like cretins, so I've never felt that way.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Do they have their own bedrooms at your house?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Tried time outs, restrictions, taking away privileges, writing definitions etc. I will not spank them because for one thing they are almost the same size as me and two I don't want to open that can of worms between DH and I.
Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:59 PM
I have boys and girls, yes they are very different, and i love them all.
Rheboys are more physical, the girls, even as toddlers have attitudes and act like divas!
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Sounds like you simply don't understand boys and that you don't have the same connection with your step children as you do your bio children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:01 PM
No and they don't want them either. I offered for them to have separate bedrooms but they said no.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Do they have their own bedrooms at your house?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Tried time outs, restrictions, taking away privileges, writing definitions etc. I will not spank them because for one thing they are almost the same size as me and two I don't want to open that can of worms between DH and I.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Gabeys_Mommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:02 PM
I think it depends on the kid. My son is awesome. My daughter is a lot like your post... no self control, repeatedly does things, etc.
runinpinkshoes
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I prefer girls too. I have no kids, but DH has 2 girls and a boy. His son is much much easier. The girls are a lot like their mom. So obviously DH doesn't want more girls. ;)

But growing up, my 5 sisters and I were the easy ones, and the one boy was hard.

I think so much of it just depends on personality.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)