Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My baby is not my husbands and he doesnt know..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
We were separated for 6 months and I started seeing someone casually from work. My husband dissapeared for awhile without contacting me or my kids...
i slept with my co-worker 3 times, twice we used a condom, and the one time we didn't I got pregnant.
I thought my husband was not ever coming home, but he did, BEFORE i found out I was pregnant.. we slept together and I never told him about my affair.
I took a pregnancy test, it was positive, and I assumed it was my husbands child.
Now, my baby is a month old and she looks just like my co-worker and though my husband has never said anything, I know he questions if she is his... he wont bond with her, and is not fatherly at all. He has joked about her dark looks, because though we are both dark haired and brown eyed, our 2 kids came out blonde and blue eyed.
How do I tell him she's not his?
My co-worker has moved away, and I deleted his number when my husband came home.
i am at a loss and so sorry I was irresponsible. I want my marriage to work now but when this comes to light I know he will leave.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:05 PM
2 moms liked this
You were separated and he disappeared...what did he expect? Just tell him, if he leaves he leaves, he left before, personally I wouldn't have let him come back. Good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:05 PM
Will you be able to support yourself and children when he leaves again?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Are your other children his? If so it's really shitty what he did before and he should definitely be able to forgive an unfortunate choice on your part.
Sarlinda
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this

You need to be honest with him and go from there. It isn't fair to him or your daughter for them not to know. Have you contacted the bio dad?? Your dh shouldn't be financially responsible for a child who isn't his unless he chooses to. Just my opinion.. 

TheSilence
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:10 PM
Do a paternity test.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:10 PM
Oh, yes.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Will you be able to support yourself and children when he leaves again?
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:12 PM
You should've told him already, you should tell him now.
Mel0dy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:13 PM

This

Quoting Sarlinda:

You need to be honest with him and go from there. It isn't fair to him or your daughter for them not to know. Have you contacted the bio dad?? Your dh shouldn't be financially responsible for a child who isn't his unless he chooses to. Just my opinion.. 

beingofserenity
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Honestly, he sucks.  He left you and your children high and dry.  I would tell him and not feel too bad if he decided to leave again.  If you could forgive him and take him back, he should be able to do the same for you.  But honestly, you deserve way better from a man.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:14 PM
Good.
Good luck. Your husband deserves to know and so does your coworker.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Oh, yes.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Will you be able to support yourself and children when he leaves again?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)