Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your must have side

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
What's a must have on your thanksgiving table? Include recipes! And pictures if possible
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 9, 2014 at 2:57 PM
Bump
bakerytreatz412
by on Nov. 9, 2014 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Baked mac n cheese.

I don't really have s recipe. It's just elbows, 2 eggs, a can of condensed milk and a shit ton of cheese.

Azure
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Spinach Balls. I LOVE these and really should make them more than once a year. They're pretty easy, too, so I'm not sure why I don't. Maybe so I won't get sick of them, though I don't think I ever could!

Spinach Balls:

Two 10oz boxes of frozen chopped spinach
1&1/2cups Pepperidge Farm Stuffing (Herb)
1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
3 beaten eggs
3/4 cup butter (slightly melted)

Mix the dry stuffing & cheese together in a large bowl.
Cook the 2 pkgs of frozen spinach according to directions on the pkg
Mix the melted butter and beaten eggs together and put into the dish or saucepan with the cooked spinach and mix again.
Then mix this spinach mixture into the large bowl with the dry mixture.
Cover this bowl containing all the ingredients and chill in refrigerator over night, or at least a few hours.
After the mixture is chilled, so it's easier to handle, shape into 1" balls and freeze.
The next day preheat oven to 350 degrees then place the frozen spinach balls in a single layer in a casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.

Enjoy!!

Addendum:
If you're rushed, you can skip the part about forming the mixture into balls and just cook it in a casserole dish.

Decker
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Green beans. My dad drains the water from the can then adds a can of chicken broth and some chopped onions, then boils it. It is really good.

Mac and cheese pie. It is homemade macaroni and cheese baked until the cheese is all melted

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 9, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Ramen- pork flavor
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 9, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Green bean casserole. Dh is allergic to mushrooms so we use cheddar cheese soup instead of cream of mushroom.
lilyrose842006
by Lily & Audrey's Mom on Nov. 9, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Don't have a picture or recipe and I'm not getting any this year because my mom makes it and the girls and I are having Thanksgiving with BF's family, but oyster dressing. I love it with the turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, gravy and rolls. 

Missdameanor
by on Nov. 9, 2014 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I almost always do a non traditional meal. One of my favorite sides is roasted asparagus with fresly grated parmesean cheese =)
supermama322
by Kaylee on Nov. 9, 2014 at 3:05 PM
Will be back with pics and recipe from our dinner last month
JayTee80
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 3:05 PM
The deluxe mashed potato recipe from all recipes.com. I tweak it a bit for taste but it is so good.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)