Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your city have trick or treat rules? Kids 12+ can get charged in my town

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

I know this is a little late and I apologize. I remember a post on here in which many of you said that it wouldn't bother you to have trick or treaters over 12 years old as long as they were respectful. Well in my town (Norfolk,Virginia) any child over 12 years old that trick or treats can be charged with a class 4 misdemeanor.

http://hamptonroads.com/node/372501

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my2kids0506
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:36 PM
Oh I would move that is ignorant! A kid is a kid if they want candy give them candy
lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:39 PM

What?! That's ridiculous! What a stupid rule. Way to limit a kid's childhood smdh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:42 PM

BUMP

AppleJaxx
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:42 PM
Um... That's ridiculous and sad.... The only rules is that in certain neighborhoods tricker treaters aren't allowed, generally they are the senior communities, but one neighborhood got blacklisted because there were 4 sex offenders in a 13 house neighborhood
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this

No, that's ridiculous.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Wow, I feel bad for the innocent 9 families in the blacklisted neighborhood :(. How do they 'blacklist' it? I am curious

Quoting AppleJaxx: Um... That's ridiculous and sad.... The only rules is that in certain neighborhoods tricker treaters aren't allowed, generally they are the senior communities, but one neighborhood got blacklisted because there were 4 sex offenders in a 13 house neighborhood

waytomanykids10
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:52 PM

No, that is just stupid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:53 PM
Some cites have "okayed" trick or treat maps on city sites

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Wow, I feel bad for the innocent 9 families in the blacklisted neighborhood :(. How do they 'blacklist' it? I am curious

Quoting AppleJaxx: Um... That's ridiculous and sad.... The only rules is that in certain neighborhoods tricker treaters aren't allowed, generally they are the senior communities, but one neighborhood got blacklisted because there were 4 sex offenders in a 13 house neighborhood

Cymbeline
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
The land of the free...

Well, not so free, as it turns out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:54 PM
I live in Hampton, VA and took my dd who's 13 out. I plan to next year as well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)