Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you regret your child's name?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 93 Replies

My DD is 4 (born in 2010) and her name is Elsa. DH and I loved it at the time now everyone thinks we named her after the main character in frozen even though she was 3 when it came out! I'm sure there will be a ton of Elsas now.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsRi
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:45 PM
My son is Alexander, it's timeless, strong, and I like it.
bcoll
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:46 PM
We love all their names still.
bcoll
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this
We have an Alexander and call him Lex.

Quoting MrsRi: My son is Alexander, it's timeless, strong, and I like it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:47 PM
Yes. I tried to change it a few weeks before her birth and dh refused. It's a resentment I carry towards my dh. He was a control freak when it came time to name dd.
Sandiekd21
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:47 PM

I love DD's name (Kambria), but I do regret my DS's name (Miguel).

I wanted Calder Nyx Lastname, but XH said no.

I think he would fit Calder better than he does Miguel.

I knew he would look Mexican, so nobody would question that part of his heritage, so I wanted to represent MY heritage in his name.

Plus, I always said that I would never name my kid a name in the bible, and my firstborn was a bible name- the Spanish form of Michael!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:47 PM
Yes. We named him Greyson Scott. I love the name. I've had that name picked out since I was 10. Unfortunately my husband had an older brother who died in a tragic accident when he was 3, named scott. Mind you this was 29 years ago. We explained over and over again that he was NOT named after the deceased brother. But my mil who doesn't like me has essentially ostracized my son because how dare I do that to her and give my son the name of her dead son... Basically my kids are missing a grandma because my husband never thought to mention his brothers name until after the fact we had signed the papers. ( my husband was born 5 years after the death and the brother was not really spoken about). The ridiculous part is my husband middle name comes from my mils dead older brother... She's a piece of work. I've lost a child, I emphathize with her, but she's ridiculous, she didn't mention her issues about the name until his 1st birthday when she refused to come because it was "too traumatic"
DomDuck
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:48 PM

well do you regret it now because some idiots can't do simple math? you either like the name still or you don't

lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:49 PM
2 moms liked this

That's so unlucky.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Nope, even though one turned out to be super popular.

PawneeMom
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Nope. We absolutely love her name. 

But some of the names people give their kids nowadays...yeesh. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)