Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So proud of my kids! All 98 of them!

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:50 PM
  • 12 Replies

Mobile Photo

My daughters band had a competition today, they won 6 awards today. They took second for for drum line (open class) first for color guard, and sweepstakes (which means they scored higher than much bigger bands) for high music, visual, high visual effects, and band. Now I owe them all icecream.
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:52 PM
Awesome!! 😬
raggedpoppy0
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:55 PM
Congrats to them! I used to be in band and I miss it sometimes :)
sunsetchick34
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 12:31 AM
That's freaking awewome. My dd is in band...
ArmyWife112908
by Mrs.Crane on Nov. 9, 2014 at 12:32 AM
Congrats!! I was on guard in high school but we didn't have a marching band
Jabojoe
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 12:37 AM
That's very cool. So great to watch them excel at something they love!
susannah2000
by Emerald Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 12:39 AM

That is great. it's always nice to see kids excelling in their activities. Music education, whether choral or instruments, is vital, IMO, for kids. Why do you have to buy the ice cream? I remember when I was in 6th or 7th grade, my chorus class got 2nd in a contest, and the teacher bought us all milkshakes, but 20 kids isn't 100 kids! :)

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 12:41 AM
Guard has their own season in the winter, when band is doing concert. They perform with out band to recorded music they do a fantastic job.

Quoting ArmyWife112908: Congrats!! I was on guard in high school but we didn't have a marching band
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 12:45 AM
I told them if they brought me music sweeps I would buy them all ice cream. They did even better and brought me visual and the entire tournament sweeps. We (the boosters) will buy big tubs of ice cream and toppings and bring it out after practice on Tuesday. Next weekend is their big competition of the season and then championships.
One of the kids said "mom if we win championships do we get pizza and icecream??"

Quoting susannah2000:

That is great. it's always nice to see kids excelling in their activities. Music education, whether choral or instruments, is vital, IMO, for kids. Why do you have to buy the ice cream? I remember when I was in 6th or 7th grade, my chorus class got 2nd in a contest, and the teacher bought us all milkshakes, but 20 kids isn't 100 kids! :)

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 12:46 AM
They are undefeated this year for their class. We are a small band so taking sweeps for visual is a huge deal it's hard to beat the larger bands in visual because they have much more to work with.

Quoting Jabojoe: That's very cool. So great to watch them excel at something they love!
ArmyWife112908
by Mrs.Crane on Nov. 9, 2014 at 1:05 AM
Yep, it was a lot of fun, even when I broke my nose.

Quoting LCWAmommy: Guard has their own season in the winter, when band is doing concert. They perform with out band to recorded music they do a fantastic job.

Quoting ArmyWife112908: Congrats!! I was on guard in high school but we didn't have a marching band
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)