• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

online class?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

I'm taking basic math online, for some reason I just dont feel like I  am doing the assignment right/getting the right answers :/ I'm trying to follow how the book says to do it but not sure if I'm using the right methods/formulas for each problem >.< 

My assignments due on Tuesday, normally we have a week to do them but our last assignment was due on friday so I'm trying to get this chapter down quickly... I'm not really sure how this teacher is since weve had very little communication this semester :/ I was going to email her and hope she replied before the due ddate but wasnt sure if I should send the assignment in and ask her if she could quickly review the answers to see if I'm doing it right? Or email her asking if I'm using the right methods for the ones I'm most concerned about?? OR just finish the last few problems and turn it in and hope like hell I did it right? lol

ETA: Going to add some of the problems from my assignment, figured OP was better than sifting through replies... just picking random problems from it..

In a class of 18 students, there are 11 men and 7 women. 4 students are selected to present a demonstration on the use of graphing calculators. Find the probability that the group consists of
a. all men
b. all women
c. 3 men 1 woman
d. 1 man 3 women
e. 2 men 2 women

Binh is choosing from 8 youtube videos and 9 online role playing games to link to his MySpace page. If he randomly picks 7 links total, find the probablility he chooses 3 youtube videos and 4 online role-playing games.

While cleaning her dorm room, Monica mistakenly pushed 3 coins off the desk. When they land on the chair below find the odds:
a. in favor of getting exactly 3 heads
b. in favor of getting exactly 3 tails
c.against getting exactly 2 heads
d. against getting exactly 1 tail
e. in favor of getting at least one tail 

Sofia is in line at the Simpsons ride at Universal Studios and notices a box containing a Bart keychain, Homer keychain, Marge keychain and a Lisa keychain. She selects a keychain from the box then puts it back. She then blindly selects another. Find the probability that:
 a. both keychains are the same character
b. keychains are different characters
c. at least 1 is Marge
d. both are Bart
e. one keychain is Marge other is Homer 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shy_Dia
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:46 AM
I'd email, ask her to do a slight review, include where you're getting stuck.

Is this through a campus school? They should have tutors or instructors there to help as well.

Either way, you gotta understand this before continuing on. Math is bitchy like that. Damn stepping stones. Lol

Even if she doesn't get back to you before the due date, hopefully she'll get back and say whether you're doing it right or have pointers on how to do it correctly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:48 AM
Give us a question and your answer. Someone can tell you if you're right.
autodidact
by Snarknado on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:52 AM

have you checked Khan academy? 

post some of the problems. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Math sucks

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:55 AM

They only have tutoring certain days and times and we just got this assignment friday afternoon, due tuesday afternoon... No tutoring before that and DH won't be home to sit with the kids for me to go even if they did, and no sitter yet :( 
This is the only chapter I need it for, the next one is completely unrelated lol. But I DO need it for the final exam next month :/ usually I base my studying for that off of my scores and wrong answers on my assignments lol.  

Quoting Shy_Dia: I'd email, ask her to do a slight review, include where you're getting stuck. Is this through a campus school? They should have tutors or instructors there to help as well. Either way, you gotta understand this before continuing on. Math is bitchy like that. Damn stepping stones. Lol Even if she doesn't get back to you before the due date, hopefully she'll get back and say whether you're doing it right or have pointers on how to do it correctly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:56 AM

There's a crap ton of problems and most are 4-5 parts >.< Some of them Im not even sure which method to use :/ I'll add some to the OP though

Quoting Anonymous 2: Give us a question and your answer. Someone can tell you if you're right.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:57 AM

No idea what that is?? 
I'll add some of the questions to the OP 

Quoting autodidact:

autodidact
by Snarknado on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:59 AM

https://www.khanacademy.org/

http://www.purplemath.com/

Quoting Anonymous 1:

No idea what that is?? I'll add some of the questions to the OP 

Quoting autodidact:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:59 AM
Email and explain your concerns. Ask for her feedback.
XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:03 AM
What program are you using for math and what kind of math are you taking? Also the school should have some sort of tutoring. My school uses whiteboard. It definitely helped during my stats freshman level class. We used pearson for our math assignments and there was this thing called stat crunch, freaking life saver. Do you have an unlimited attempts to complete your homework, and does it five m give you a walk through, that could always help. The are also a few good online tools to help you. Believe me, I feel your pain. I took my 100 and 200 level stats classes back to back and I hate math. Holy shit talk about burn out! I have to take research fir stats I and II and im seriously avoiding it like the plague! Good luck! I hope you get it figured out soon. What school do you go to?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)