Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The only reason I stay with him is to protect my kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
If I left he would have visitation. I know he would lose his patience with them. Today he told me " he doesn't listen , use a belt." My son is only 4. He is the sweetest most affectionate little boy. If I leave he will be alone with him for atleast a whole weekend. He's never watched him more then an hour. I honestly just wish he would leave and never come back. I made a stupid choice. I should have stayed gone when I left when I was pregnant. I could have done it. I should have left and never looked back. I'm a shitty mom for putting us in this predicament . I suck. I have nothing left in me. I wish I can just take my kids and go and never look back. Everybody says just leave but it's not that easy at all. I hate myself. I hate marriage. But I love my kids. I wouldn't care to breathe if it weren't for them. I would die.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
the_dude
by abides on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:09 AM

It has some merit in theory, but what damage is being done having to live with him full time? Who says he can't abuse him even when he lives with you? Whats the end game with this? Stay with some abusive asshole 18 years?

Hopefully if this guy is such a douche, if you leave he will eventually have no interest in having his kid over due to the inconvenience.

the_dude
by abides on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:09 AM

Change

the_dude
by abides on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:11 AM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:16 AM
I know. I ask myself these same things. I don't know if what I'm doing is right. I wish it were easy to just pick up and leave and never look back. I really do. I fucked up. I should have left and stayed gone 4 years ago.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

It has some merit in theory, but what damage is being done having to live with him full time? Who says he can't abuse him even when he lives with you? Whats the end game with this? Stay with some abusive asshole 18 years?

Hopefully if this guy is such a douche, if you leave he will eventually have no interest in having his kid over due to the inconvenience.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:17 AM
That why I stayed with my husband. We are good now, but if we had not had our first child I probably still wouldn't be with him. He likely wouldn't have hurt her, but I didn't want to lose control over my daughter and have to start seeing her much less. As a married mom, you have way more rights. Once divorced, a random judge gets to decide when you see your kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 26, 2014 at 6:23 PM
I felt the same way. Eventually it became too much and I had to go. He fought for visitation but after a month or so couldn't be bothered. The freedom was more his style.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)