• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UNDERSTAND WHERE IM COMING FROM!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this
I just found out recently that I am 7 months pregnant and I'm due at the end of February. You're probably thinking-- (how could she've not known?!) I had no signs, symptoms, weight gain, nada! But I just had a baby February of 2014! I am a young, you can consider me single!(lol), mother trying my best everyday with my 9 month son with so much happening to me at once! I'm considering adoption from a great Christian based agency that's so awesome and I can choose and meet the family and decide how closed or open I want the case to be! But only a few people know and the ones that do for the most part are making me feel like such a horrible mother for making this choice! In my opinion, I feel like if I can't do the best for my future child, there is a loving family waiting to love and be the best they can be for my baby! I know it'll hurt but it might be the best thing? Any views? Thankyou!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngelSinger
by Angel on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:34 AM
3 moms liked this
You're doing the right thing. The opinions of others are not paramount here. You recognized you could not give a child the home he deserves and are doing everything you can to make sure your child grows up in a safe and loving environment. You are also helping a couple become a family. And that is a beautiful thing.

You're in my prayers.
TableforSeven
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:37 AM
2 moms liked this

Best of luck to you.  I don't know the circumstances behind my adoption (closed adoption in 1973) -- but I know my birth mother cared enough about me to give me life then give me up to a family willing, able and excited to have a child to raise.  I hope you have a healthy rest of your pregnancy and that you find peace with whatever you decide.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:37 AM
2 moms liked this
Good luck to you hun! You're making the best choice for your child
eadyT
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:37 AM
2 moms liked this
I think you are doing wonderful thing. Let others think what they will. Hugs and good luck mama. ☺
Leissaintexas
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:37 AM
2 moms liked this
It takes a lot of strength to do what you're doing. You're choosing what's best for the child, which is what good moms do. Stay strong!
AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:38 AM
1 mom liked this

i had three kinds in three years. i planned the first two, and they are sixteen months apart. when my second baby was three months old, i found out i was pregnant again.

i'll admit, it was so hard to accept. i felt disconnected to the baby my entire pregnancy. i thought something was wrong with me. i was under so much stress.

i was miserable and in pain the entire time, so in some ways, i think you're lucky, for having such an easy pregnancy ;)

i did keep the baby, and he's going to be two in a couple of weeks. his older brother is going to be three on the thirtieth. their older sister turned four earlier this year.

the reason i chose to keep the baby was because i knew that i could never live with myself if i had given him away, or aborted. he was mine, plain and simple. he shouldn't have to pay for my mistake. (babies aren't mistakes, of course. but the timing was definitely a mistake.) i knew it was going to be hard at the time, and honestly, some days it's still hard. but i know it will be worth it in the end.

i'm not saying keep your baby if you don't want to. i'm saying you need to see what your heart is trying to tell you, and follow it. and you will be able to live with that choice. no one else can make that choice for you. no one else can make you feel what you don't want to feel.

you can always pm me if you'd like. like i said, been there, done that, and i know exactly how hard it is. you won't get any judgements from me.

Lindalou907
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:41 AM
2 moms liked this

I think that would be just wonderful, and the most unselfish thing you could do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:41 AM
2 moms liked this

You sound like you are set on adoption and that is such a wonderful thing to do. The only person who has to live your life is you. Don't worry about what others think or say.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:43 AM
Please do be misimformed. Once that baby is adopted the family can close all contact. You don't have any say in that. With that said I think you are making the right choice for your life. Best wishes
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Adoption is a wonderful way to go. Good luck to you darling. You'll be in mmy prayers.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)