Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is he thinking?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM
  • 4 Replies

My hubby and I chose NOT to go to his mum for christmas as it would entail travelling for 8 hours (she lives in another province) and as I'm having a cerclage done in a few weeks (less than 3 weeks). He then asked would it be ok for his mum to come to Jhb where we live and spend christmas with us, obviously I said yes, I adore her. Now it seems as though this is turning into a good ole festive filled with drinking and fun times. My dh has an older brother who is a total deuce bag, and two adopted brothers, one who is his age who I love to bits and the other is 16 who thinks my hubby is responsible for him, financially and in all other matters. He thinks nothing of telling me regularly, 'you took O (dh) away from me' Dh has explained to him not to speak to me or treat me like crap, but he still does. Anyway now its like everyone's coming up, planning on drinking and partying and I'm laid up in bed? His brother is even planning on bringing a girlfriend... Where is everyone going to sleep? When I suggested going to stay by MY mother DH had a shit fit. I don't know if its just my hormones, or is my husband being inconsiderate about what I'll be going through at the time ? Can anyone tell me what to do aside from begging my gynae to keep me in hospital?

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:50 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:11 AM
Put a tent and a port-a-potty in the backyard for the brothers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:16 AM
Tell everyone to bring a sleeping bag and be prepared to sleep on the floor. Also, make it clear to dh that he will have to help out alot.
LishM15
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:39 AM

Thank you ladies, a port a potty is still a new form of civilisation for those asses. I will be speaking to him tonight cause I just realised now, our cash flow might be lower than expected too so everyone's going to have to pitch in like we do when we're there

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)