• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im worried, and cant do anything!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

BM has not seen SD in over 4 months, and they have only spoken 3 x's on the phone. it has been this way because BM agreed with Dh that it is not a safe enviornment for SD.. and she lives 4 hours away.. so if she goes, there isnt a safty net because no family lives within 3 hours...

Well now the situation has escelated to the point BM is posting on FB that she is scared, and wishes she could just leave. She texted Dh saying she wants to see SD for Thanksgiving.. He is planning on not only calling her Monday to make plans.. He plans on sending SD up there for a week...  and hes actually going to offer to take her up there/ pick her up.....

Im worried over whats going to happen to SD when she is up there! and if he agrees to this she will want to start getting SD on a regular schedual again... and its just not a safe enviornment right now..

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:19 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:21 AM
How old is sd? Have you talked to dh about this? What specifically makes it unsafe? Unfortunately, the holidays are the times pos "parents" try to pretend to parent.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:29 AM

Quoting Anonymous 2: How old is sd?  9 Have you talked to dh about this? I have.. he doesnt really respond. Just says Bm wants her...

What specifically makes it unsafe? Before it was that the 2 families that live in the house were arguing to the point there was a lock on the fridge and children were getting screamed at that they diserved to go to hell with their shit parents...coupled with the fact that 4 children of varying ages/ genders is sharing a living room and have no actual rooms which leaves SD sleeping on the floor, BM is on heavy pain meds so she sleeps alot during the day which leaves a 14 y.o.  in charge of SD- but that had been going on...

Now however BM and her bf have broken up, he is constanly sexing online and she had kicked him out of the bedroom- which leaves him sleeping on the couch.. in the living room.. with the children. She is planning on staying there until May even with all the drama because she cant work and simply has no where else to go..

Unfortunately, the holidays are the times pos "parents" try to pretend to parent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:32 AM
Yikes. It sounds like a house of horrors. I would really really try to get dh to change his mind. Does she have a phone in case she needs you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:35 AM

IM trying to talk him out of it.. If he would just not contact BM, and leave it to her to come get her.. she wouldnt go- thats all we have been doing anyway

im really nervous for her..

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yikes. It sounds like a house of horrors. I would really really try to get dh to change his mind. Does she have a phone in case she needs you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:37 AM
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2: How old is sd?  9 Have you talked to dh about this? I have.. he doesnt really respond. Just says Bm wants her...

What specifically makes it unsafe? Before it was that the 2 families that live in the house were arguing to the point there was a lock on the fridge and children were getting screamed at that they diserved to go to hell with their shit parents...coupled with the fact that 4 children of varying ages/ genders is sharing a living room and have no actual rooms which leaves SD sleeping on the floor, BM is on heavy pain meds so she sleeps alot during the day which leaves a 14 y.o.  in charge of SD- but that had been going on...

Now however BM and her bf have broken up, he is constanly sexing online and she had kicked him out of the bedroom- which leaves him sleeping on the couch.. in the living room.. with the children. She is planning on staying there until May even with all the drama because she cant work and simply has no where else to go..

Unfortunately, the holidays are the times pos "parents" try to pretend to parent.

Um, no. No way would I let her go there. Why not offer to pick her up and put her in a hotel for a night so sge can see her then take her home.
Sammi20
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:50 AM

That sounds Terrible... I wouldn't agree with him either... I would sit down and explain to him all the reasons that's a terrible idea... Tell him to get sole cutody!... A grown man should not sleep in the same room with a bunch of kids O.o... kids should not be sleeping on the floor... BM should not be taking so many meds she can't care for her child!... Your DH needs to think this through!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:52 AM
Nope. Wouldn't do it. She can visit at your place but until she gets her own and gets off the pain meds (why is she on them?), i wouldn't allow a kid over there. Ds is 9, very mature for his age, can take care of himself (gets his own meals, can take himself to school, do his hw, etc) and i still wouldn't allow him there.

(I was sick one week, like bed ridden, sure i was about to die! so ds took over, caring for me and him)
bahamamama61
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:59 AM
Wow:/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:32 AM

I know :/

Quoting bahamamama61: Wow:/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)