• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby will only sleep all night if...

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:34 AM
  • 13 Replies
I breastfeed, give two oz of formula, swaddle her, and put her in bed next to me.
Does anyone else have this issue...
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:38 AM
Yes. But ds is ff. Tonight is one of the worse. He usually drinks about 2-4oz. And heven is only drinking 2oz. Sleeps with me and just use a regular baby blanket to swaddle him with and sleeps fine. But tonight he ain't wanting to go down easy.
schultzal
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:58 AM
3 moms liked this
Night waking is biological protection against SIDS. It is also very normal for an infant to want to sleep close to his or her mother.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:01 AM
My oldest would only sleep if my husband or i were next to her for six years. We tried everything. She is now six and sleeps with her sister. All kids are different.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:02 AM

Not unusual for us we've co slept since day one of becoming parents... We now have two kids in our bed...

AvocaLynn
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:20 AM

My first ds use to need to be swaddled and slept with me for the first few weeks and I didn't bf. Getting him to finally sleep on his own took a few weeks but by 6 months on he slept all night (he's 5 now and never even woke up at night while teething) maybe my next one due in Feb won't be so easy though lol 

Amandatoo
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:27 AM
1 mom liked this
My 3 month old is sleeping next to me...wouldnt have it any other way either!! 😍
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:06 AM
My babies wanted me too.
olivejuice2
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:14 AM
My dd didn't sleep through the night until almost 2 years old. Night waking is very normal and not unhealthy.

She was bf and swaddled and in the cosleeper.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:14 AM
DS would only sleep if swaddled and next to me. I called him my burrito baby, he wanted to be wrapped up for quite awhile.
Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:16 AM

My babies always nursed and slept with me, but I never saw it as a problem

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)