Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I called CPS on my sister today.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
And I am heart broken.
I called because my neice (4yrs) stayed over today, while my sister went to talk to her ex husband. My neice hasn't seen her dad in 6 months and neither of us felt she should be present because it would be a tense conversation.
Well, it got late, and I called my sis to ask when she'd be back, she didn't answer. Around 10 pm I decided to put my neice to bed until my sister got back.
I helped her in to some pajamas and noticed a HUGE bruise on her thigh, and multiple bruises on her bottom. I asked her what happened and she said " mommy spanked me" i asked why, and she said "because i got a cookie" . (I couldnt get her to talk about why really)
I inspected the rest of her body, and found 3 more bruises on her ribcage, and lower back.
She said she was hit with a belt, and a wooden spoon.
This is horrifying and I havent stopped crying.
I called the CPS hotline for child abuse and I will not give her back to my sister.
I knew my sister was going through a rough time, but i never thought she would take it out on her baby.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
askmommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:35 AM
Hugs
AngelSinger
by Angel on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:49 AM
(((Hugs)))

Contact a lawyer tomorrow. They will know what to do so you are within the law and your niece is protected.
PogoPalOj
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:54 AM

I am so sorry.  Are you going to apply for custody?

Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:56 AM

Wow, I am so sorry for everyone involved.

Jsanchez125
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Poor baby what she must be going through!! You were very brave to call cps on her. Hopefully things work out. Stay strong and. I hope your sister gets the help she needs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:45 AM
Ohhh I'm heartbroken for you :'( hugs and prayers you did the right thing hun ..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:51 AM

You did the right thing but unfortunetely if she shows up on your doorstep with the cops you have no legal right to keep her unless CPS or a judge says otherwise. Just be prepared for a long battle.

andi_pandi
by Andrea on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:56 AM
I'm so sorry your put in this position :( I hope everything works out for your family
PrincessPizza
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:58 AM
Oh my god poor baby! Will you try and keep her if cps removes her?
Supercooper07
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:01 AM
You did the right thing
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)