Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tomorrow my relationship will change... And I'm scared

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Ive been casually seeing this guy for 2 months now. We both have kids, distance, obligations and such. We met because we both ended up at the same party and I've loved every second of knowing this man.

He's a wonderful father to his three children, he's amazingly considerate and works well with his ex wife who likes me. And he's protective of me in so many ways. He almost got angry and hurt a guy friend of mine for helping my headache because to help it, my friend has to hurt me. He saw me in pain and snapped and walked away instead of hurting the friend since he knew logically that it was the only way to help my head. (Pressure points, it's painful but helps after he releases)

Anyways, lately we've become known as a power couple in our group though we both maintain that we are just friends. People compliment us often for working so well together.

Thurs he asked me to write what I wanted from him if I controlled the universe and could bend it to my will... I did. And I reread my letter and its obvious I love him. He's had this note all weekend and I go tomorrow to see him and we'll discuss it like adults.

I'm scared. If it was gonna go bad I don't see him wanting me over monday still when he could just tell me over the phone. But he asked me if we could go out to dinner instead of me cooking because his mom called last min and needed picked up from the airport. She's buying dinner for ruining our plans.

Someone help me settle so I can sleep... I leave in 5 hours!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katemckenzie
by Kate on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:25 AM
He sounds like a catch and you two mesh well. My bet is he loves you too. Relax, ma, it will go really well, I'm sure of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:38 AM
1 mom liked this
It helps he's absolutly adorible.... And no before someone asks kids have not met him and I've only met his kids once when we dropped his daughters backpack off. She forgot it in his car.

But I do hope you're right. Because any time we go out anywhere with friends I hear "you guys look so happy and work so well together" arrg not helpinf the need to sleep lol!

Quoting katemckenzie: He sounds like a catch and you two mesh well. My bet is he loves you too. Relax, ma, it will go really well, I'm sure of it.
Mrs.Elsey8486
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:39 AM

So your meeting his mom? OK yeah this is a good thing :-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:52 AM
Totally not planned on accident meeting his mom!

Arg nervous.... I'm also taking him lunch while he's at work and there is a slim chance I'll meet his dad >.>

I think I'm gonna burst from nerves

Quoting Mrs.Elsey8486:

Mrs.Elsey8486
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:03 AM

Even if it is an accident that you are meeting her, he could have just changed his plans with you if he didnt want you to meet her. So I see all good things coming here. He would not have you meet his mom just to tell you bad news. So if you guys get married you have to share pics!!! :-) oh yes and his dad. yeah men dont introduce you to parents if its not going anywhere.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Totally not planned on accident meeting his mom! Arg nervous.... I'm also taking him lunch while he's at work and there is a slim chance I'll meet his dad >.> I think I'm gonna burst from nerves
Quoting Mrs.Elsey8486:

MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this
This sounds like an odd relationship.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:23 AM
I was kinda thinking the same thing.

Quoting MommyAddie: This sounds like an odd relationship.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:23 AM
Meeting his mother is a good sign.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Agreed. They've only been casually dating two months...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:39 PM
No we've been seeing each other as friends for two months. Not dating

Quoting Anonymous 3: Agreed. They've only been casually dating two months...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)