Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All Home Health Care Aides out there

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:46 AM
  • 11 Replies

Do you like it?

does your hours and days change a lot?

i love it though my hrs and days change all the time

Also I have many people I care for at different places and that changes too

though I like it is per diem so I can pick if I want a certain day off and say what I want to work ( to a point)

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lifeisajoy
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:52 AM

Bump

lifeisajoy
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:52 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:56 AM
My schedule use to change every couple of months on my house manager's whim, but I've had the same schedule in the same house for almost 3 years now. I like my job, and my hours are not my favorite but it could be worse.
lifeisajoy
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:25 AM

That is cool!!  So far I had 4 different clients with all different hrs and also reduced hrs in one week. 3 live in different places. One is a couple

Quoting Anonymous 1: My schedule use to change every couple of months on my house manager's whim, but I've had the same schedule in the same house for almost 3 years now. I like my job, and my hours are not my favorite but it could be worse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:24 AM
Oh wow, Sounds kinda crazy. Do you work with elderly or mr/dd people? MR/DD group homes tend to have more stable hours because the clients like routine.

Quoting lifeisajoy:

That is cool!!  So far I had 4 different clients with all different hrs and also reduced hrs in one week. 3 live in different places. One is a couple

Quoting Anonymous 1: My schedule use to change every couple of months on my house manager's whim, but I've had the same schedule in the same house for almost 3 years now. I like my job, and my hours are not my favorite but it could be worse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:31 AM
I'm thinking of leaving the nursing home I've been at for 13 yrs. I only work every other weekend and every other holiday now. So I'm thinking of going to an agency for more money per hour but don't know if I should bother to give up my seniority and stability of set hours.
circle_of_life
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I take care of an elderly gentleman now, for the Independent Choices program. Through that program, he actually hired me, and medicaid pays me for him. It's set up like he's my boss, instead of the Health Dept. I like it sooo much better. I get to take care of the same person 32 hours a week. I do work 7 days a week, but he's flexible on the weekends so I can work my weekend hours anytime over the weekend. 

momtomany315
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:49 AM
I used to be a home health aid. I loved it. the only part I did not like was the mileage and the gas. my supervisor had me driving more than working and I didn't get paid unless I was actually at my clients home. I had different clients every day in different towns everyday. if they set up my schedule better I would have loved every part of the job. I sometimes think if getting back into this when My youngest goes to school. they would have me an hour at one place then driver 30 mins to another town for another client then drive back to the first town for another client.
lifeisajoy
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Elderly. Also their health conditions change more

Quoting Anonymous 1: Oh wow, Sounds kinda crazy. Do you work with elderly or mr/dd people? MR/DD group homes tend to have more stable hours because the clients like routine.
Quoting lifeisajoy:

lifeisajoy
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:36 PM

I refuse to take less than 4 hr cases and prefer at least 5 hrs because all my clients are at least 30 minutes away

Quoting momtomany315: I used to be a home health aid. I loved it. the only part I did not like was the mileage and the gas. my supervisor had me driving more than working and I didn't get paid unless I was actually at my clients home. I had different clients every day in different towns everyday. if they set up my schedule better I would have loved every part of the job. I sometimes think if getting back into this when My youngest goes to school. they would have me an hour at one place then driver 30 mins to another town for another client then drive back to the first town for another client.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)