Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Youngest grandma

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:37 AM
  • 20 Replies

Age 23 and her mom is great grandma at age 40

she gave birth at 12 years old and her daughter gave birth at 11 yrs old

it is somewhere in Romania

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
disneymom2two
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:40 AM
1 mom liked this
That's disgusting. The youngest grandmother I've met was 34. I hope to be at least 57 before becoming one.
PacMan80
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:42 AM

I hope to be 60 before I'm a grandmother.  

Those women gave birth at ridiculously young ages.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:47 AM
My sister's ex MIL was twenty eight, and the great grandmother was forty two. I think it is just sad.
ShaMac
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:50 AM
1 mom liked this
This isn't really women giving birth. It is probably children being abused.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this
The family are Romani (Gypsy) it isn't uncommon or against tradition to marry young and start a family. The grandfather is only 26 now, 24 at the time. Apparently their daughter ran off even though the mother begged her to stay in school and break the cycle.
Mrs.Elsey8486
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:53 AM

that is sad

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:54 AM
They're Gypsy, the girl ran off and got married to a boy her age who is the father. This is common practice in gypsy culture, even though many don't want it for their children.

Quoting ShaMac: This isn't really women giving birth. It is probably children being abused.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:04 AM
Youngest one I know was 31
ShaMac
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:30 AM
Ah, I see. I assumed because a show or article I saw recently about very young mothers. There were a lot of them but most were raped.

Quoting Anonymous 1: They're Gypsy, the girl ran off and got married to a boy her age who is the father. This is common practice in gypsy culture, even though many don't want it for their children.

Quoting ShaMac: This isn't really women giving birth. It is probably children being abused.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:37 AM
I think outside of the culture many would instantly assume rape or incest.

In this tribe a dowry is still paid, children are still promised to one another. Virginity is kept sacred.

Girls run off (what it is called) and marry (married socially is living together) to be with the person they want at a young age.

These young people have been working and running homes from young ages, it may seem odd in the states but by 11 or 12 young men may be established in their careers with enough money to support a family.

Quoting ShaMac: Ah, I see. I assumed because a show or article I saw recently about very young mothers. There were a lot of them but most were raped.

Quoting Anonymous 1: They're Gypsy, the girl ran off and got married to a boy her age who is the father. This is common practice in gypsy culture, even though many don't want it for their children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)