• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this enough food for 100 people?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:24 AM
  • 66 Replies
Okay our girl scout troop is cooking and working a soup kitchen. The mom who planned it is saying 10 lbs beef, 14 16 oz things of spaghetti, the rest is irrelevant... but to me this is not enough for 100 people. That's like 4 oz per person... :/
What's your opinion? She's making the,sauce.
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheRingmaster
Bump
TheRingmaster
Bump
TaralynnStewart
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:26 AM
I've never fed a big crowd so I'm not sure how one calculates it. Are there more kids than adults? That's a lot of spaghetti.
TheRingmaster
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:28 AM
We don't know...it's a homeless soup kitchen. She says 100 people. I use two boxes and two lbs of meat for my family if eight...lol
Are they stopping people from coming in at 100? It seems off to me.

Quoting TaralynnStewart: I've never fed a big crowd so I'm not sure how one calculates it. Are there more kids than adults? That's a lot of spaghetti.
mommy2boys03
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:28 AM

I would say that isn't enough food myself but I have always been the type that having more is better than not enough.  I think a my parents have more than a 10lb  for family Christmas and there is not 100 people there.  I would call a catering company and inquire how much they would recommend say you are researching it for a girl scout troop.  Or talk to the soup kitchen

gypsy30
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:29 AM

10 lbs of meat does not seem near enough to feed 100 people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this
"14 16 ounce things"

Lol

You mean....14lbs. Ha ha ha
TheRingmaster
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:30 AM
Thanks....yes I will.
I know it's not enough. Just curious what others thought. I done want anyone turned away five days before Christmas.

Quoting mommy2boys03:

I would say that isn't enough food myself but I have always been the type that having more is better than not enough.  I think a my parents have more than a 10lb  for family Christmas and there is not 100 people there.  I would call a catering company and inquire how much they would recommend say you are researching it for a girl scout troop.  Or talk to the soup kitchen

TheRingmaster
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:31 AM
In the email it says 14 16 oz packages. But yes.

Quoting Anonymous 1: "14 16 ounce things"

Lol

You mean....14lbs. Ha ha ha
TheRingmaster
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:32 AM
Its not even 1.5 oz per person...lol plus she wants the troop to eat after...so add another 40 people...so less than an oz per person.

Quoting gypsy30:

10 lbs of meat does not seem near enough to feed 100 people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)