• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wish people would stop and think before judging!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
My DD is 26, has been working since she was 11. I use to pay her to file at my place of employment. Her first real job was at 14 and has worked ever since. She was engaged and got pregnant. Her fiance went out of town, 1000 miles away, and never came back. He emailed her saying he has decided to stay. Said he was unhappy.

Her world came crashing down and she had a meltdown. She lost her job due to health issues from the pregnancy and stress. Lost her home and car. Lives with us now. She can't find her ex fiance, his family isn't helping.

Yesterday I went to the grocery store with her and the baby. She used WIC and food stamps. She does not get cash assistance, she has found a part time job, hoping for it to become full time.

A husband and wife behind us made comments about their taxes paying for her food. It upset me so bad and I wanted to explain to them the situation but I didn't. I hate people sometimes.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:29 AM
I'm sorry. *hugs*
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:32 AM
How old is the child?
summerlove3677
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:33 AM
The problem is, too many shit heads have ruined it for people like your daughter. At least she got a beautiful baby out of the bastard. He doesn't deserve her and I hope she's able to move past him
momjeansrcool
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:35 AM
Yeah, people need to keep their opinions to themselves. I know firsthand how quickly circumstances can change without any fault of your own.

The problem, though, is that there are so many people who DO abuse the system. They are the ones who have caused this stereotype to exist. But either way,its just rude to make comments about anyones method of payment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:35 AM
He is 4 months old.

Quoting Anonymous 3: How old is the child?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:38 AM
What kind of medical problems kept her from being employed?

Quoting Anonymous 1: He is 4 months old.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:39 AM
Thank you. She is much better. She was instutionalized for 3 weeks when it first happened. She totally lost it. But seems mich stronger now and is a great mother

Quoting summerlove3677: The problem is, too many shit heads have ruined it for people like your daughter. At least she got a beautiful baby out of the bastard. He doesn't deserve her and I hope she's able to move past him
LClark1973
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:39 AM

I would have to observe that only a loser would break off a marriage in an email.  What an asshole. I hope things look up for her, and she gets back on her feet.  Just ignore the idiots.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I am so sick of people who have the asinine mentality that it is their freaking dime that supports someone who gets any kind of assistance.  Your dd worked for years, as well as bazillions of other people.  If it ever came to a point that I needed some kind of assistance, SO WHAT?  I've paid taxes for 30+ years.  People need to get over themselves, and stop being so judgmental.  Because the majority of those jerks who are always bitching about people getting assistance are probably Obama supporters, and let us not forget that he wants to let all the immigrants stay, and a good majority of them will not only likely apply for assistance themselves, but they are going to make it even more difficult for people who actually belong here to find jobs in this sad economy.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:39 AM
She had a mental breakdown. She was instutionalized for 3 weeks.

Quoting Anonymous 3: What kind of medical problems kept her from being employed?

Quoting Anonymous 1: He is 4 months old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)