Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This lady is an idiot and I want to throat punch her....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

Our daughter both dance for the same elite studio.  Both are on competition teams. My daughter does ballet, jazz, tap, lyrical, musical theater, modern, and contemporary.  Her daughter does hip hop, funk, jazz, and a street dance class.  

Her daughter is an amazing dancer but does not have the flexibility some of the other dancers have.

my daughter is also amazing.  She is not into the hip hop or funk.  She took both for years but quit and only does workshops and conventions for both now.

This lady told my daughter that she would never make it as a professional like her daughter would.  She also told her that kids who don't do hip hop just don't have what it takes to be a real dancer.....

Seriously?  I was pissed when I found out.  This mom is always trying to make the other girls feel bad. She is worse than the dance mom moms. The girls have a competition in a few weeks and our girls dance against each other in solos...  My dd is doing a ballet solo and her daughter is doing hip hop.  It wil come down to who pulls it off best on stage because both have their solo nailed.  But with this competition ballet tends to score higher.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:46 AM

Bump

2m2t
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:47 AM
I would focus on teaching my daughter how to handle people like this: ignore or avoid. That woman doesn't deserve time and attention
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:49 AM

Quoting 2m2t: I would focus on teaching my daughter how to handle people like this: ignore or avoid. That woman doesn't deserve time and attention

I have taught my dd these things.  We deal with girls like this a lot at competition. But hearing it from an adult is different. She came home convinced she should pick back up hip hop.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:52 AM
Some people are mean. I had a coworker compair my ds to a dog this weekend. If I didn't like my job and didn't want to go to jail I would of hit her.
surromama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:26 AM
She was out of line. You could tell her, but it doesn't sound like she'd change if this is something she normally does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:29 AM
Not everyone is going to say things you want to hear. Thats life.

And lets face it the odds of either of them actually making a decent livng frm dance....is fairly slim.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:32 AM
Some people just suck, your DD should consider this a life lesson. Teach her to ignore people like that and to not let them get to her.
two4one
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:33 AM

That was incredibly immature and nasty for her to say. 

momasaurus420
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:37 AM
Prepare a homemade greeting card. With glitter and hearts and all that!

And in bubbly letters write "I forgive you for being a bitch" signed by other moms.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)