Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why wouldn't someone donate organs?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Fear? Religion?

I am genuinely interested in reasons why people would not donate their organs, should the worst happen. Which religions do not 'allow' organ donations? Would you donate some organs but not all?

If you will donate, does your family know of your wishes?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:47 AM
I believe both the reasons you listed are two major ones why some people don't donate.
JackAttacks
by Angel on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:49 AM
My whole body is up for grabs when I kick the bucket.
michal6
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:50 AM
I guess some religions might discourage it. My view is when I'm dead, I'm dead. I won't need them anymore and if I can save someone else's life or improve their quality of life they can have them all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:51 AM
After I'm dead, I don't care what they do with the parts I don't use. Not everyone is like me tho. I don't question what others feel.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:51 AM
Lol in the wake of my death, I'm a free for all. I'm even considering donating my body to science. I never wanted to have a traditional funeral anyways. My husband isn't an organ doner just because he doesn't remember them asking when he got his license. Let's hope he doesn't die anytime soon either way.
UrWorstNight
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:53 AM
Maybe because some people aren't allowed to donate?

I'm not allowed to donate my blood or my organs at all
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:54 AM
The only reason someone wouldn't donate is if they are a massive selfish cunt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:55 AM
The only reason I can understand is religious. They can have all mine. I will not be here.
Beautycounter
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:00 AM

I think only two reasons would prevent me from donating:

1. My own health issues.  As of right now, I know my lungs are ravaged from years of smoking.  I have since quit, but I doubt they would be viable and I have frequent respritory issues.

2. My father is diabetic and may face a future including dialysis.  I could not live with myself if I were to donate to another person when he has a real possibility of need in the next 5 years.

I do wish more people would consider a living donation.  It could mean a new lease on life to so many waiting that do not have family members that meet the criteria of a suitable match.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:03 AM
What You Lose When You Sign That Donor Card
Giving away your organs sounds noble, but have doctors blurred the line between life and death?

http://m.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970204603004577269910906351598?mg=reno64-wsj
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)