Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I completely lost it on a waitress

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 138 Replies

Dh, I and ds2 (6 months) at out last night, Ds is sitting in a highchair on the corner of the table, plenty of access to dh and I. The waitress brings 2 hotplates of food and holds them right above the babies head while trying to find out who.is having what. One slip of the hand and my babies head will be covered in piping hot food and heavy plates so I should imagine there would be a fair bit of damage. My reaction to this was instant, violent and completeley involuntary. I went nucking futs. All I saw was my baby in danger. I told her to get away from me after I took the plates off her and moved them to safety.

So how massively did I over react?
Would you have apologized?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:54 AM
8 moms liked this
You could have just asked her not to hold it over the baby's head. I mean she should have known better but I think you overreacted.
Starz6802
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:55 AM
You should have explained the problem but no she's a moron. Protect your baby mama. I waitresses in college and during training they told you not to do that to anyone let alone a baby.
VicVinegar
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:56 AM
2 moms liked this
She sounds like a newbie, I served for years and it was common sense not to serve hot food over a baby's head!
Your reaction was fine momma bear;)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:56 AM
9 moms liked this
You could have just asked her to move or not hold the plates over his head. You sound cucking frazy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:56 AM
2 moms liked this
Over reacted. You could of just said something nice.
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:57 AM
3 moms liked this

Total over reaction.  We all have moments of stupidity.  You could have handled it better,

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:58 AM
3 moms liked this
You overreacted, you should just asked her to be careful and gestured toward the baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:59 AM
4 moms liked this

You over reacted.  You made a fool of yourself.  You should have apologized. If you would have treated me like that i would have reacted very badly.

imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this
You could have just taken the plates from her. Or told her where to put them down.

Im sure you looked like a lunatic.
paigesmommy5264
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:00 AM
2 moms liked this
Over reaction.. Its fine to tell her not to do it, but no reason to spaz out..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)