• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who does that?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

My ex-husband and I have been divorced for 4 years, separated for 5. My family isn't big on sending Christmas cards out so I don't either. I only remember one time in our marriage that we even sent one.  But my ex has sent christams cards out ever year, a picture of him and my son smiling for the camera to my family and extended family that probably still don't realize we are divorced.  I finally told him he was an idiot and he needs to quit.  I am going to lose it if he sends them out again this year!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this
My parents divorced when I was 7. My mothers family treated my father like he didn't exist. My fathers family treated my mother like she didn't exist, with the exception of my grandpa and one aunt. By extension, I did not exist when I was with the other parent.

I'm not close to my family. Never will be. They are nice enough people, but I still resent the way they treated me during my childhood.

I'm completely with your ex. If either of my parents had reached out and made an effort with the ex-family, the family would have responded in kind and seen that it was ok to still speak.

Then I could have existed in their lives year round. Not just when I was with the right parent.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this

You sound jealous lmao and like a cranky ass scrooge

Quoting Anonymous 1:

My ex-husband and I have been divorced for 4 years, separated for 5. My family isn't big on sending Christmas cards out so I don't either. I only remember one time in our marriage that we even sent one.  But my ex has sent christams cards out ever year, a picture of him and my son smiling for the camera to my family and extended family that probably still don't realize we are divorced.  I finally told him he was an idiot and he needs to quit.  I am going to lose it if he sends them out again this year!

Patti-Gee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:21 AM

Ehhhh not all that big of a deal.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:23 AM

I hope he does it again.  I'm sure he will since you are having a tantrum.

APunchInTheFace
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:35 AM
Wow. Well aren't you a bundle of joy!

Your ex is entitled to do as he wishes......lol
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:38 AM

I dont see the problem with him sending christmas cards. I think its nice of him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:39 AM

So you don't want him taking pics with his own child and showing them off like a proud parent? Well aren't you just a bright bag of sunshine.

TxCowGirl07
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:39 AM

I wouldnt let it bother you so much.  Its not that big of deal.

TheRingmaster
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:39 AM
I think he's doing something wonderful. You're jealous and tacky. We send cards every year. Sorry you and your family are cheap scrooges
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:44 AM
Well, Merry fucking Christmas to you too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)