Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trolling vs Bullying

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:46 AM
  • 25 Replies
2 moms liked this

The same?

Different?

Trolls generalize or target the general population or idea, or thought, or subject. Trolls can be bullies. You do not have to act as a bully to be a troll. I can honestly say, the trolls in CM are rather unique, we have what we call the crazy trolls, they don't neccessarily bully people but post insane posts to get a reaction.

BULLYING: making replies, posts, comments to insult, repeatedly criticize, stalk, harrass, bring a person down. Typically several bullies against one person. This is not a troll, bullying and trolling are two different things. Sometimes the trolls are also bullies.

Regardless how much you dislike someone, it is NEVER ok to keep insulting, attacking, and repeating your bullish behavior, online or offline.

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:47 AM

I also want to add that creating cliques sometimes causes bully behaviors from those within cliques... Just remember, not everyone ADMIRES your clique... Not everyone wants to be labled the same lable with you HOLD!

ShaMac
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:48 AM
True dat!
Medic32
by Go PREDS! on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:48 AM
Or post IRL info from your stalking adventures.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Just reading the word BULLY in this group makes me want to gouge my eyes out. We're all grown ass women who aren't, by any stretch of the imagination, required to be here. Log the fuck off if your teeny tiny widdle feelers get hurt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:48 AM
There are so many bullies in this group it's disgusting. Trolls are odd, sometimes rude or crazy but they are not mean like the bullies.
ShaMac
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:49 AM
Cuz when your besties are a bunch of immature bullies on a web forum it really isn't something to brag about.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I also want to add that creating cliques sometimes causes bully behaviors from those within cliques... Just remember, not everyone ADMIRES your clique... Not everyone wants to be labled the same lable with you HOLD!

NiamhWitch
by Póg mo thóin on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:49 AM
Right. :-)
STVUstudent
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Good morning, Trollcat.

I agree.  I enjoy a good troll, but the bullying posts just leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:49 AM

I liked your old avatar better...can you bring it back?

Cutenessmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:51 AM

I ave en a troll  I suck at it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)