Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my daughter was baker acted. update. eta.. Update 3. update 4.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies
Some you know my post , I've made plenty since last Wednesday night; when it happened.

Last time I spoke to anyone at the hospital was Friday. The therapist was supposed to call me yesterday but never didm I called and left a message.

I don't know what's going on, when she is supposed to be getting realised, if they found a rtc or not.

I just want to know what's happening. I know if she does come home I need to get her a full evaluation done again. I am thinking I seriously need to find another pyscharist as well.

I don't know if i need to call her current pyscharist and therapist to let them know what has happened. Today she has been there 5 days. So we have went over the normal 72 hour pysch hold.

Update
the coordinator of the hospital called me back. She will have to be released tomorrow. Rather she will come home or go to rtc is still in the air. They are still working on that.

The pyscharist wanted to release her today but the coordinator threw a fit because what she is trying to get set up.

There is another problem I am now facing now. Per my dd therapist I decided because I was told it was the best options to get rtc for her was to switch her to cmsn because I would have more options with receiving treatment. Big mistake. I have called 9 numbers to get that cancelled. Because if I allow her to go to cmsn the residential treatment won't be covered. I am now on hold with my provider to get it cancelled. It is the hmo that I trying to keep the same.

Ugh

Eta

I keep second guessing myself if I am making the right decision then I speak to her. And she is still saying she did it because he friend committed suicide. It is like she believes it really happened. And that's when I know I am making the right decision.

Update 2

I just got a call from cmsn and they got that stop thank god. Now I am just waiting for the hospital to call me to see what is going on if she is coming home or to rtc. One way or the other she has to leave the hospital today. Insurance won't pay any longer.

Update 3

Ok my heart is pounding. I want to cry. I am about to leave to head to the hospital to get her and to get her placed in residential treatment. She doesn't know.

Update 4
She's home.she wasn't able to go to a rtc because the insurance wouldn't cover it...
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
donnag013
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:00 AM

Call, call, call. They should be keeping you informed. Is there a social worker to help you manage all that? I feel for you. I went through it for about 4 years with my oldest. It hrts and it sucks. Good luck finding a new psychiatrist.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:02 AM
How are you not on top of this? Call, call and call again. You're kid has been institutionalized, that's a pretty big deal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:04 AM

quit stressing and enjoy your free babysitter

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:06 AM
Her therapist there was off Saturday and told me she'd be in Sunday and would call me. I didn't get a call so I called and left a message. I also called again this morning too.

I have been speaking to my daughter nightly on the phone as well.

Quoting Danesmommy1: How are you not on top of this? Call, call and call again. You're kid has been institutionalized, that's a pretty big deal.
Talienas
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:21 AM
No advice, but I'm sorry this is happening :(
katemckenzie
by Kate on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Keep calling. 5 days may seem like a long time, but she's in a place that can help her. Worry about getting her healthy rather than getting her home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:31 AM
My plan is to get her in rtc. That's what I am hoping for. I know she needs med change.

Quoting katemckenzie: Keep calling. 5 days may seem like a long time, but she's in a place that can help her. Worry about getting her healthy rather than getting her home.
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:35 AM
How old is your child?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:37 AM
She's 15.

Quoting MichLW69: How old is your child?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:41 AM
Back story?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)