Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Was at ER last night....

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:38 AM
  • 22 Replies

DSD came home from visitation with her mom with a slightly red puncture wound on er hand. at 5:30pm by the time it was 6 30pm it started swelling realy bad and geting very red so I got her to the ER. within 20 minutes of being there the infection spread up her arm to her elbow. :( She came home last night though. They used a VERY agressive IV antibiotic and it started to receide by 12AM. She is such a tough girl. We have to check in this afternoon and if it has not receded enough (which it has alot) she will have to have another IV.

Neurofibromatosis is a genetic disorder that disturbs cell growth in your nervous system, causing tumors to form on nerve tissue. These tumors may develop anywhere in your nervous system, including in your brain, spinal cord and nerves. Neurofibromatosis is usually diagnosed in childhood or early adulthood.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/neurofibromatosis/basics/symptoms/con-20027728

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:41 AM

bump

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Ouch, what happened? She get bit by a cat or dog or something?

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:44 AM

roses. -_-. She says her moms cat did not play rough with her and the dog is a boxer so if he bit it would have been much larger. She was doing roses and got pricked. 

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Neurofibromatosis is a genetic disorder that disturbs cell growth in your nervous system, causing tumors to form on nerve tissue. These tumors may develop anywhere in your nervous system, including in your brain, spinal cord and nerves. Neurofibromatosis is usually diagnosed in childhood or early adulthood.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/neurofibromatosis/basics/symptoms/con-20027728

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Wow.  Did mom not notice or care?

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Jeez! I've never seen a reaction to a thorn like that before, poor kid! Glad she's okay now, though.

Quoting gypsy_rose:

roses. -_-. She says her moms cat did not play rough with her and the dog is a boxer so if he bit it would have been much larger. She was doing roses and got pricked. 

Quoting OwlNuggets:

PogoPalOj
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Did she say what happened?

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:46 AM
It is really weird when that happens ...my son stepped on a bee one time and the next evening his foot swelled up and he started running a fever... I thought it was an allergic reaction... The doctor said no. It was a bacterial infection
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:46 AM
Whoa! That's crazy. I hope she feels better soon.
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Her mom cleaned it with saline and neosporin. It was only a little red when she got home and got REALY bad within an hours time. It just became very agressive. 

Quoting spunky946:

Wow.  Did mom not notice or care?

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:49 AM

yep. That is what the ER dr said. He told us if we waited to much longer and the infection had spread to her armpit it would have been very dangerious. Even an hour could have made a HUGE diffrence with as fast as it was spreading. -_- . 

Quoting ditsyjo: It is really weird when that happens ...my son stepped on a bee one time and the next evening his foot swelled up and he started running a fever... I thought it was an allergic reaction... The doctor said no. It was a bacterial infection

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)