Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What compels people to post about their parties on Facebook? You KNOW people will feel left out.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

bad

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:43 AM
2 moms liked this

Because social media is for sharing these things, and it's doubtful the poster thought about it that way.

januaryqueen
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:45 AM
Because some of us enjoy our lives and don't feel compelled to be responsible for everyone else's emotions and sensitivity.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Not everyone gets invited to everything. Its not the end of the world.

lizzie_ann
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:47 AM
Why post anything on social media?
It's for sharing and talking about your life.
Momniscient
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:48 AM
I've heard on here that we cant post about pregnancy, nice things our husbands do, bragging on our kids, gifts and now parties?

Well no wonder people hate facebook. Good lord. If it upsets you stay away from it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

You are absolutely right!  Also people need to quit posting about when they get now cars and houses because not everyone can afford them and might feel bad,  and you shouldn't post about your family because not everyone has family and they might feel bad,  don't post about kids either,  there are lots of people out there that want kids and they can't have them! 

Just kidding get the fuck over your snowflake syndrome!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:48 AM

Because social media is for posting about those types of things, and the only person responsible for your feelings is you. People aren't required to censor their postings based on what feeling someone might have.

Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Not my problem. If I'm posting about my party, chances are I had a great time and felt like sharing that with the world. Maybe I'm the stupid one, but isn't that literally the point of social media? Other people's feelings are not my responsibility. If they are so easily butthurt, they might want to consider deleting their social media accounts.

couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:50 AM
You weren't invited to a party? :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:52 AM
This is about as ridiculous as the loser on my FB who said it upset him to see people posting about Halloween and enjoying their children because he doesn't have a family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)