Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Leaving him behind.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
My DH and I have been together for 7years now. We have both grown and changed over the years. We both started out as active ppl we loved the outdoors, hiking, camping. As time has past wehad kids and turned into netflix loving couch potatoes! We both have maintained our weights and my DH is still hot.

The problem is DH never wants to get off the couch and do anything! I have a very active social life, and now DH is complaining that I am always leaving him behind. I have offered to take him with to some of my social events and he says no. He is not depressed he has become a homebody.
We have date night once every two weeks.
I have told him netflix will stillbe there when we get home. I am frustrated.
I am not sure what I can or should do.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:00 AM

My husband and I do a lot of things separately.

strongforthem
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this
You aren't leaving him behind, he'd odd choosing to stay behind. There is s difference.
polkaspots
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Tell him to stop complaining. You're inviting him and he's declining. What else can you do?
It's not like he's coming up with ideas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:31 AM

This. Tell him that you love him but that you're both two really different people. You like to go out and he likes to stay in, there's nothing wrong with that. He shouldn't be forced to go places that he doesn't want to be and you shouldn't be a prisoner in your own home. He needs to either accept and get over this or the marriage isn't going to work.

Quoting polkaspots: Tell him to stop complaining. You're inviting him and he's declining. What else can you do? It's not like he's coming up with ideas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)