Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will my doctor really do this to baby??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
I'm 35+1 weeks pregnant and for the past couple weeks I've neem having headaches and high bp readings. My doctor fears I may develop preeclampsia. He told me the other day before discharging me from the hospital that if it continues we may have to deliver before it gets serious. My appt with him is today. Do you really think he would deliver this early? They did bloodwork and that was fine but they didn't do a 24 hour urine test. I've never had bp problems at all except lately. Should I worry? The nurse at the hospital said I was time, even though I had contractions and my daughters heart rate was between 86-210. She said baby was probably active. I'm just worried and want to make sure my dd will be safe!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:16 AM

My DD was delivered at 37 weeks due to Pre-E.

Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

You do realize how serious pre eclampsia is, right?

kgbm13
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Is your and your Abbie's health more important than dates?  35 weeks isn't all that early and if your health and life is in jeopardy it makes cents to deliver now.  If worried about lungs ask for amnio and they can do a lung test and then meds to help baby if not cooked enough.

Sara-1989
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:18 AM
I'd seriously question it. Very coincidental that you're all of a sudden having problems the week of Thanksgiving.

ETA there was an article about this someone posted on Facebook. I can't find that fucker!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:19 AM
My son was delivered at 33 weeks due to severe preeclampsia. At that point, it was either deliver or risk both our lives.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:19 AM
They say I don't have it, but my doctor fears I'm getting it.... Will he wait until I full on have preeclampsia, or will the high bp readings be enough to cause concern and make him want to induce? I'm in like limbo hear as no one will tell me any type of action plan. I know you're not a doctor but what exactly was your experience?

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:20 AM
They will deliver early, but they won't do it without assessing how bad you are first.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:21 AM
It's been happening for the past 3 weeks?

Quoting Sara-1989: I'd seriously question it. Very coincidental that you're allnot a sudden having problems the week of Thanksgiving.
halleys_mommy_1
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:22 AM
You have the right to say no. But in turn je has the right to not see you, I think.

I wouldnt be induced without some hard evidence of baby being in danger.

I had high bp and migraines w ds a d he was born 6 days late

Quoting Anonymous 1: They say I don't have it, but my doctor fears I'm getting it.... Will he wait until I full on have preeclampsia, or will the high bp readings be enough to cause concern and make him want to induce? I'm in like limbo hear as no one will tell me any type of action plan. I know you're not a doctor but what exactly was your experience?

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:22 AM

I was admitted for monitoring and my BP reached critical levels and my daughter went into distress which prompted an immediate emergency c-section.

Quoting Anonymous 1: They say I don't have it, but my doctor fears I'm getting it.... Will he wait until I full on have preeclampsia, or will the high bp readings be enough to cause concern and make him want to induce? I'm in like limbo hear as no one will tell me any type of action plan. I know you're not a doctor but what exactly was your experience?
Quoting OwlNuggets:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)