Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Huge problem with this Racist spellcheck bulls***.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

Here's a question...

Why is it that the spell check can't figure out that I want to spell totally normal words, but If It sees me write

Nugger (misspelling nugget, as in gold) It will ask me  if I was trying to spell 

N*gger... 

W. T. F.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:25 AM
I guess the racists need spell check too, lol? They generally aren't the brightest, so it makes sense.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:25 AM
I'm assuming you mean on your phone?

If so, probably because it recognizes it as ni**er. Which means it may be a word you use.
Missdameanor
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Just tried it on my phone and no derogatory name came up. =)
demonica29
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Nugget.  Yeah, that's how mine autocorrected. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm assuming you mean on your phone? If so, probably because it recognizes it as ni**er. Which means it may be a word you use.

I'm not on my phone, I'm on a laptop . And No, I've never used (or typed) that word in a conversation.

Sara-1989
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:32 AM
It's a word. I don't understand why this word in the English language is so off limits.
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:34 AM
3 moms liked this

From you, this statement doesn't suprise me.

Quoting Sara-1989: It's a word. I don't understand why this word in the English language is so off limits.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Quoting Sara-1989: It's a word. I don't understand why this word in the English language is so off limits.

You don't understand why it's abhorrent to use a word created to keep an entire race of people dehumanized in the eyes of the people murdering and beating them into slavery?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:40 AM
Well, then I have no idea.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm assuming you mean on your phone?

If so, probably because it recognizes it as ni**er. Which means it may be a word you use.

I'm not on my phone, I'm on a laptop . And No, I've never used (or typed) that word in a conversation.

Sara-1989
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:42 AM
A word didn't do that, people did. There's many words that are meant to describe other races. Those are more acceptable to use. This one word is so agreguius that no one dare speak it. It's really stupid.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

You don't understand why it's abhorrent to use a word created to keep an entire race of people dehumanized in the eyes of the people murdering and beating them into slavery?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)