Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sexualizing your daughters, then going crazy if something happens to them?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 195 Replies
10 moms liked this
You all have at least seen toddler clothes these days, it looks just like the stuff your teenager walks around in. The shorts are getting shorter, crop tops and bikinis even!

Every time you turn on the news, another poor child becomes a victem to sexual abuse. A lot of it from men in their own home. Its so sick.

I'm not saying that covering young children from head to toe would stop all sexual abuse... I'm saying check out all the SUGGESTION women are putting out there just by dressing their kid a certain way.

I'd be DEAD before my daughter is seen on a beach in a bikini before she's 15. Its not going to happen.

Sexual predators are always there, we're never going to be really safe. So why dress someone you love more than the world in something that could call attention.

Little girls should NEVER EVER be sexy. They should never be dressed like a teenager. They should be CUTE and BEAUTIFUL in dresses and nice outfits.

I go in the clothing section to shop for my daughter and think, really?? people are actually putting that on their child?

This problem is only growing, and sadly so are the cases on the news.

We are the only people that can protect our kids from this epidemic. And its only getting worse.

Just something that's been on my mind lately. I have an 18mo daughter, and one on the way. This is hard to not think about.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheRingmaster
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:52 AM
13 moms liked this
But my two year old in a bikini isn't sexy...unless you're a weirdo.
And my daughter's shorts are fairly short but nothing hanging out. You are a zealot. Lol
You thinking clothes make someone sexy is very odd. I think you should continue your "meetings"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

The feminist side of me wants to hate everything that you're saying. Unfortunately my dh's niece has been dressed in mini skirts that show the bottom of her butt cheeks since she was a baby. She's 13 now and strange adult men have tried to pick her up numerous times, it has been going on for years. Would the pervs still like her in "normal" children's clothing? Maybe, the world may never know. It would seem, in my opinion, that they seem to be attracted to her skimpy attire though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:52 AM
16 moms liked this
While I agree sexualizing children is wrong on so many levels, it does not cause pedophilia.
Patti-Gee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:54 AM
11 moms liked this

Ahh so you're a firm believer in blaming the victim..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:55 AM
4 moms liked this
No ma'am, it doesn't create pedophilia, but it definitely CAN promote it.

Quoting Anonymous 3: While I agree sexualizing children is wrong on so many levels, it does not cause pedophilia.
zeenah
by Zarah on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:55 AM
8 moms liked this
children are molested because they are victims of a predator. children have been molested for years it's not a new phenomenon. it would happen whether they are covered or not because the people who commit these crimes are sick.
VibeRant
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:56 AM

I am so glad that I have two sons which I have raised to be very respectful of anyone, regardless of race, sexuality, etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:56 AM
6 moms liked this
Nope. Just like women wearing short skirts with low cut tops doesn't promote rape.

Quoting Anonymous 1: No ma'am, it doesn't create pedophilia, but it definitely CAN promote it.

Quoting Anonymous 3: While I agree sexualizing children is wrong on so many levels, it does not cause pedophilia.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:56 AM
3 moms liked this
No NORMAL person thinks a prepubescent girl in short shorts or a bikini is sexy. Having said that, I personally wouldn't put a little girl in a crop top and booty shorts. I agree with the notion of modestly dressing children, but not for your reasons.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:56 AM
That's exactly my point. I want to hate it myself! But that won't make it not true...

Quoting Anonymous 2:

The feminist side of me wants to hate everything that you're saying. Unfortunately my dh's niece has been dressed in mini skirts that show the bottom of her butt cheeks since she was a baby. She's 13 now and strange adult men have tried to pick her up numerous times, it has been going on for years. Would the pervs still like her in "normal" children's clothing? Maybe, the world may never know. It would seem, in my opinion, that they seem to be attracted to her skimpy attire though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)