Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She's already Black Friday shopping?!

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:58 AM
  • 10 Replies
My older sister is addicted to shopping. So much so that she has admitted that if she sees even a pile of horse shit with a price tag, she will look at it ( she has actually said this herself! ). She has put herself and her husband into so much debt, and has so many credit cards she had to get several wallets and she has her cards color coded in them.

She has already began shopping for Black Friday. She is calling places up to 3 hours away asking if they will be open Thursday. One place told her no, that it is Thanksgiving, that they will reopen for Black Friday. She flipped shit, going off about how would people be able to buy things on sale if they are closed?? She has taken this week off work to get ready for the sales, and because of her, we are not having Thanksgiving this year. She, and my BM, are going shopping on Thursday.

How can someone be like this?? I understand getting good deals ( hell I coupon! ) but she doesn't do this for gifts. She gets junk for herself because she thinks someone else has something better and she can't let that happen. I say junk because she gets the stuff and then tosses it into her attic, where it is never seen again, until she wants to show it off.

Is there anyone else who has relatives like this? She's driving me crazy!!

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:59 AM

I don't understand why she's driving you crazy.  Her husband? Yeah, I could see it driving him crazy.

Alchemist_Momma
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:02 PM
She's driving me crazy because for the last month, I have listened to her beg for me to get a credit card so she could use it. Now that Black Friday is pretty much here, she's almost nonstop about it.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I don't understand why she's driving you crazy.  Her husband? Yeah, I could see it driving him crazy.

autiemama516
by autismmommy on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:04 PM

I know this is kind of OT but can she really afford it? Is she paying the full balance off each month on those credit card. I am not judging her situation but if she is getting herself deeper onto debt she may have addiction issues.

Alchemist_Momma
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:06 PM
Um....she IS addicted. That is the first sentence of my post.

Quoting autiemama516:

I know this is kind of OT but can she really afford it? Is she paying the full balance off each month on those credit card. I am not judging her situation but if she is getting herself deeper onto debt she may have addiction issues.

autiemama516
by autismmommy on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:08 PM

Quoting Alchemist_Momma: Um....she IS addicted. That is the first sentence of my post.
Quoting autiemama516:

OK i am sorry I skimmed it. She needs a mental health eval pronto!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:10 PM
I got skylanders team trap or whatever it is for 39$. There's plenty of deals online. Tell her to calm down and have thanksgiving with the family. And you should still have thanksgiving and invite her. I don't know what kind of help there is for shopping addicts.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:10 PM
Yikes!
Alchemist_Momma
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:17 PM
I have to work Thursday. I asked to work because I knew something like this was gonna happen.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I got skylanders team trap or whatever it is for 39$. There's plenty of deals online. Tell her to calm down and have thanksgiving with the family. And you should still have thanksgiving and invite her. I don't know what kind of help there is for shopping addicts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:19 PM
Oh I'm sorry. Dh has to work also so we are making a turkey on Wed.

Quoting Alchemist_Momma: I have to work Thursday. I asked to work because I knew something like this was gonna happen.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I got skylanders team trap or whatever it is for 39$. There's plenty of deals online. Tell her to calm down and have thanksgiving with the family. And you should still have thanksgiving and invite her. I don't know what kind of help there is for shopping addicts.
nemo258
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:25 PM
She needs help if it's affecting the family like this. Sounds like she's addicted.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)