• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

freaking the eff out *update*

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:04 PM
  • 17 Replies
Today is DS first day of day care! I'm so scared because he's really shy around people and will cry if someone he's not familiar with tries to touch him. I know this will help him break out of his shell but I am freaking out!

Update! DS is home from his first day. He did awesome. I am so proud. He didnt cry at all when SO dropped him off. His daycare provider said she is so surprised at how well he did. He didnt cry or ask for us once. And when we came home he told me all about his day. I am so happy and proud!
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Good luck. If you know he's safe and trust the daycare then don't stress. He will have fun.
Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Why are you putting him in daycare? Why not join a play group?

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:06 PM
This'll be harder on you than it'll be in him. He'll be fine and you will be too.
JordanCsMommy
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:06 PM
Thank you! I know he'll be in good hands but I'm just worried he's going to have a meltdown!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Good luck. If you know he's safe and trust the daycare then don't stress. He will have fun.
JordanCsMommy
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Because I have school and work and so does SO.

Quoting Rangermom772:

Why are you putting him in daycare? Why not join a play group?

Molz09
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:08 PM
If you stress over it, he'll likely pick up on that and it'll make it harder for him. Just drop him off, give him a hug and smooch and tell him you'll be back at 5:00 ( or whenever you pick him up.). He'll be fine. You can do it mama!
JordanCsMommy
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:08 PM
Thank you!

Quoting Danesmommy1: This'll be harder on you than it'll be in him. He'll be fine and you will be too.
JordanCsMommy
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:09 PM
I'm having SO take him because I know I'll make it worse. I'm only leaving him half day since its his first day. Picking him up around 1!

Quoting Molz09: If you stress over it, he'll likely pick up on that and it'll make it harder for him. Just drop him off, give him a hug and smooch and tell him you'll be back at 5:00 ( or whenever you pick him up.). He'll be fine. You can do it mama!
Molz09
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:11 PM
That should help! A parent at the daycare I used to work at sent a family picture along with her kid so if he was sad or upset he could look at the picture and see mommy and daddy. Maybe that would help?

Quoting JordanCsMommy: I'm having SO take him because I know I'll make it worse. I'm only leaving him half day since its his first day. Picking him up around 1!

Quoting Molz09: If you stress over it, he'll likely pick up on that and it'll make it harder for him. Just drop him off, give him a hug and smooch and tell him you'll be back at 5:00 ( or whenever you pick him up.). He'll be fine. You can do it mama!
staci1103
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Aww, I had a terrible time leaving my oldest.  I cried all day and called there to check on her which did ease my mind.  Good luck:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)