Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

recipes that seems odd..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
But are delicious.. do you have any? Lol i made grape jelly & barbecue meatballs out of curiosity after seeing them on pinterest and they are sooooo yummy lol
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:13 PM
Those meatballs are delicious! Who knew that grape jelly could do that?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Right! Lol my dh saw me making them and was like "you do know you just put jelly in there right?" He was worried lol he loved them though!

Quoting Danesmommy1: Those meatballs are delicious! Who knew that grape jelly could do that?
handy0318
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Raspberry and jalapeno jelly. Absolutely to die for!

I was at this women's retreat and because I can't sit for long periods, I got up and stood over by the snack table. On it was a bowl of raspberry and jalapeno jelly with some crackers. At one point, the speaker was paused to get an overhead projector to work, so I tried some... oh my gosh, was it ever great. I spent the rest of the lecture pigging out...lol...

malissaL
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:20 PM
Yes.
I kinda made up my own, I tossed several chicken legs and thighs in a dry mix of curry, sugar, salt, pepper and garlic and cooked them (no water) on low in my crock pot for 5 hours. I carefully pulled them out, stirred a can of tomato paste into the liquid that had gathered in the bottom of the pot and then rolled the chicken in the sauce, placed on a foil-lined cookie sheet then ran under the broiler in my oven until the skin was crisp. So very good.
malissaL
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:23 PM
I've made some pretty awesome refrigerator door bbq sauce. Grape jelly is almost always in it. It's never the same twice lol
malissaL
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:25 PM
I also know a good, odd salad with watermelon cubes, arugula,red onions, and feta with a balsamic vinagrette dressing.
SommelierMom
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:42 PM
I make the same salad. It's awesome.

Quoting malissaL: I also know a good, odd salad with watermelon cubes, arugula,red onions, and feta with a balsamic vinagrette dressing.
blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Strawberry jelly and bbq sauce in a pan with little smokies. Holy cow! The awesomeness is almost too much. Lol
malissaL
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:46 PM
I swiped the recipe from my old boss. It is really good. when I've made it and told people what's in it, they kind of make a funny face. so now when I make it and someone asks what is in it I say "just try it"..
a perfect watermelon however, is incredibly crucial and I have not yet perfected the art of selecting watermelons

Quoting SommelierMom: I make the same salad. It's awesome.

Quoting malissaL: I also know a good, odd salad with watermelon cubes, arugula,red onions, and feta with a balsamic vinagrette dressing.
ZombieMeat37
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:49 PM

Maple and bacon cookies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)