• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you say/do if your kid's SM said this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I have an 11 year old DD and a 9 year old DS. Their father had been with their stepmom since they were 1&3. No, she had nothing to do with our marriage ending.

I do not like my ex. We don't speak. And I am still after all this time very much afraid of him.

However, SM and I are cordial. We aren't friends probably never will be. But I know she loves my kids and sometimes we butt heads, I do respect her. And her role in their lives.

SM just told me that the first week in December she is planning on taking my DD out of school for a full Friday and taking her on a trip. They will be staying in a hotel and returning the next day. (Dad's custodial time, so if he agrees I can't prevent it. Not that I want to, I think a trip might be s good idea).

The trip will be to any place my DD chooses. And they will do whatever dd wants.

SM explained to me that my DD had been mopey and depressed acting all the time at her house. She said she is really worried about dd. My DD is feeling extra pressure this year being in middle school. Sports are tougher. She's noticing boys. Got her period. Courses are harder, etc.

So SM wants to give DD one hassle free day and night. No stress no pressure, just fun. Girls only.

SM invited me and my younger dd (dd11's half sister) to come along. She said it'll be all expenses paid.

Part of me wants to kiss the woman for caring so much about my kid. Part of me wants to kick her ass for being so arrogant to act like she gets to invite ME! Part of me wants to kill my EX for making it so I feel so unsafe around him I conparent with his wife. And part of me is just so thankful that she's there to look out for DD when I'm not, that DD has a woman in her dad's home that knows and understands what it's like growing up as a girl.

What would you say?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:29 PM
2 moms liked this
I think it's an awesome idea and you know she did not have to ask you or get your permisson. I would be grateful she invited me along to enjoy that time with my children
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:30 PM

I would say thank you for the kind gesture and go, she isnt being arrogant she is being thoughtful

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:31 PM
Because The idea is to play hooky from responsibility for one day.
Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:32 PM

I would say thank you. I may not feel grateful inside, but I would keep those emotions to myself and accept the offer.

SylviaPerez
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:33 PM

i say you go and make her your bff specially after being such an awesome step mother...

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:33 PM
I'd be grateful to have such a SM in my children's lives. I think it was sweet of her to plan this trip and extra sweet of her to invite you and your other DD.
Medic32
by Go PREDS! on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:33 PM
I would thank her and provide my own way financially for myself and my ydd and half of odd's expenses.
Molz09
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:34 PM
I'd say thank you. Whether you choose to go or not... It was a very kind and thoughtful gesture.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:34 PM
I would tell her to schedule it during a time that dd has school off.
UrWorstNight
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:35 PM
I think I'd be asking her to please do it on a Saturday and not be taking my child out of school
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)