• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bird experts!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:50 PM
  • 8 Replies

Mobile Photo

I am wondering what kind of Hawk this is and about how old you feel it is.....I know it is young, but I am unsure of what kind of Hawk, but it sure is beautiful.
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:51 PM
Where is Niki when a bird needs her?
sam12796
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Could possibly be a young Cooper's hawk because of they eye coloring but doesn't have the brown and white breast feathers that I can tell anyway
sam12796
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Mobile Photo

This one is about 2 years old. At age 3 they change a lot.
1mommy613
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:13 PM
Can you message this to me? My dad would know..

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

Mobile Photo

I am wondering what kind of Hawk this is and about how old you feel it is.....I know it is young, but I am unsure of what kind of Hawk, but it sure is beautiful.
redo
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:28 PM
It would help if we knew the location.
rmfanfgljf
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Mobile Photo

I found this one in South San Antonio, Texas..........the one in the reply I found in North East San Antonio......Red shouldered and Red tailed hawks are common here, but I haven't seen a red eyed hawk yet, until that one.

Quoting redo: It would help if we knew the location.
redo
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:59 PM
I've been digging all over the web. My issue is that this is not an adult bird. So that makes things more difficult for me, as the pictures available of these birds are usually of very young babies, or adults.. You know?

Closest thing I can find is a juvenile red tailed hawk on this one. I'm thinking his tail is actually tucked and those are his wing tips hanging over there.

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

Mobile Photo

rmfanfgljf
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:52 AM
I have noticed that myself.....it is frustrating when trying to figure out what kind of Hawk this one is lol......this one was rather small so I am surprised I even noticed it wasn't your typical dove or pigeon sitting on top of that post. I love Hawks, the next one I am hoping to photograph is an Osprey......I have seen a few here just haven't had time to stop and take a picture of them lol.

Quoting redo: I've been digging all over the web. My issue is that this is not an adult bird. So that makes things more difficult for me, as the pictures available of these birds are usually of very young babies, or adults.. You know?

Closest thing I can find is a juvenile red tailed hawk on this one. I'm thinking his tail is actually tucked and those are his wing tips hanging over there.

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)